Chapter 15: Proposal

They were walking toward Tracy one. It was time.

"Hey, Alice, I forgot to tell you about a compartment on your leg." Gordon knelt down and hit a rectangle on Alice's prosthetic ankle. A drawer slid out of the metal. Inside was a small box. He took the box out and opened it.

"Alice McLain, will you marry me?"

The box held a cherry ring pop. Gordon had helped plan parts of the date. Most importantly the date it would take place.

April 1st. 

April fool's day. Gordon's favorite day.

"Is this for real?"

"Well, I never want to forget this day and since I have a terrible memory for stuff like this, I decided to pick a date I could remember. So what do you say?"

"I say get me a real ring." She snagged the ring out of the box and stuck it in her mouth.

"But yes, Gordon, I will marry you."

"And stop. Perfect!" The couple turned towards Melody, who was filming on the street.

"How'd you get here? And when?" Melody laughed.

"Don mattah. Da Aleve wok, Blondy?" Gordon stared in shock.

"That was you?"

"Well someone had to make sure Gordon had pain meds." Alice let out a loud laugh. 

"Can I please finish my proposal now?"

"Yes."

Gordon reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out the real ring. 

The band was studded with small diamonds with a dime sized one sat on top. Gordon wanted everyone to know that his girl was amazing and special. 

"Wow!" Melody said, her eyes the size of dinner plates. 

"Gordon this is too much. Its too big. What will everyone think?" 

They'll know that your mine and only mine as well as that you are worth every carat of that gem." Alice kissed Gordon and pulled back.

"Tracy, you are the cheesiest cheese puff to ever puff."

"What about Virgil?"

"He's mozzarella." Melody put her hands on each of their shoulders.

"Come on you two. I got us a cab."