Chapter 4: Idea

"Absolutely not," Scott said. 

Gordon was standing in front of his two oldest brothers, pleading with them.

"But she could be a huge help with the kids," Gordon pointed at his 8 month old niece and 3 month old nephew. 

"Scott, we do need an extra set of hands around here," Virgil glanced around the messy living room.

Baby toys were scattered around the room along with rescue gear, dirty dishes, unwashed laundry, and general household clutter. 

"She's a stranger, Virgil."

"And so were Sam and Emma when they first got here, Scott. Face the facts, the girls and Grandma can't do the housework and watch the kids, plus help run Sam's cake business," Virgil said, crossing his arms.

"But we've never met this girl!"

"Scott, please call down. You're agitating Jeff," Emma chimed in, picking up the said infant and rocking him.

"Sorry." Gordon had to bite back laughter. Six foot four of International Rescue Field Commander turned into a five year old by his wife's withering stare. Of course, Gordon had been on the receiving end of said glare, so he had no room to judge. 

"Fine, but on a trial run only," Scott grumbled and headed to his room. 

"Yes!" Gordon ran out of the room.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Gordon burst into the cafe.

"Alice, I'm kidnapping you! Tell your brother!" He grabbed her, set her on her wheelchair, and began to pull her out the door.

"Gordon Tracy! Stop this instant!" The blond paused. Everyone in the cafe was staring. He looked around.

"It's a family visit! Relax!" Alice looked at Gordon.

"We're going to see your family? Alright we have to stop by my house first but LET'S GO TRACY!" Gordon laughed, popped a wheelie with the wheelchair, and pushed Alice out the door.

Alice's boss, Stacey, looked at her other employees, Isabelle and Baljeet.

"She's not coming back for a while, is she?" The pair of teens shook their heads.

"Well then someone get on the register! Let's go people!"