Chapter 14: Scars

Alice ran her fingers over Gordon's abs, pausing on a scar.

"What's this one from?"

"Harpoon. It was thanks from an illegal whaling ship that was sinking," Gordon smirked. 

Alice sat up, her hair cascading in front of her face.

"Illegal? Isn't that usually Kayo's job?"  Gordon smiled a high smile.

"Yeah, but I like to play cop sometimes. It happens." The blonde looked at her.

"So how's your brother and his pali-whatsit friends?" Alice felt the corner of her lips tug up.

"Good. You know, you and them are alot alike if you think about it. You just protect different things. Same with Sam and Emma and Mel... I really am useless, aren't I?" Gordon blinked in surprise.

"Where'd that come from?" She shrugged.

"You guys save the world, my brother and his friends are the defenders of the universe, Emma protects demigods and stuff, and Melody and Sam each have a place they protect. Me? I only have one leg. How am I supposed to do anything?"

"Well, you are beautiful and smart, for one thing. For another, you dance."

"What do you mean?"

"People love you when you dance. You show them that they can do anything. Seeing you dance with one leg give them hope."

"Hope?" Gordon leaned in closer.

"Yeah, hope. You're..."

"No." Alice was staring at his phone. "Who the hell is Hope?" Gordon looked at his phone and facepalmed.

"Sam's mom. You want to get it, or should I?" Alice shook her head.

"I will."

"Hello, this is Gordon's phone, Alice speaking."

"Oh you must be Gordon's girlfriend. Just to let you know, everyone here ships you guys just as much as Gordon's brothers and their women." Alice could hear the smile in her voice.

"Ship...us?" A phone muffled laugh rang in her ears.

"You know, when you think two people would make a good couple? They set you up. Anywho, just wanted to make sure you two were okay. Bye!"

Click.

"She hung up on me!" Gordon snorted.

"Been there, done that." She smiled.

"Any good way to kill your brothers?"

"I shall assassinate their dignity. When  we get home."

"You mean, we'll assassinate their dignity. Together." Gordon raised an eyebrow.

Alice kissed him softly, letting him taste her cherry chap stick again.