"Thank you for coming to pick (Y/n) up", Tony thanked the spectacled male, giving him a pat on the back. After responding with the quiet 'no problem', Tony left, returning to his work. This left you in awkward silence with the blushing scientist.

"W-would you like to leave now?", he stuttered, shaking from nervousness. You sent him a small, calming smile along with a nod.

"Of course". He turned around and made his way back to his car, looking back a few times to check you were following him. You guessed Tony told him to keep an eye on you, this was probably one of the first times that you had been without guards or another member of the Avengers. He climbed into the driver's seat of the car while you got into the passenger's side beside him. He started up the car and pulled out of the junkyard, getting back onto the main road.

"Tony told me you used to live there", he says, his eyes focussed on the road ahead of him. You give a small nod.

"Yeah, I lived there for years. That's where I built my ship". You could tell that he was listening but the fact that he didn't respond made you a little nervous. You turned and looked at him, noticing that his face was bright red.

"Is something wrong?", you ask, one eyebrow raised. He quickly shook his head.

"O-of course not, I'm completely fine", he burst out. You found it amusing yet you felt almost guilty for putting him in this situation.

"If something is bothering you then we can stop. I haven't eaten yet so we could get something to eat if you want". He gave a slow nod, his eyes meeting yours briefly.

"Sounds good, do you have any place in mind?", he asks, seeming to have calmed himself down. You nod.

"Yeah, I feel like (food)". Sam agreed with your choice and drove the two of you to a place to get some, you then took your food to a nearby park and sat there, watching as day turned to night. It didn't take long for both of you to finish and you ended up sitting in silence. You didn't mind it, quiet places were what you were used to and so you felt at home. But you could tell that Sam desperately wanted to say something. You lent back in your seat, resting your hand beside you. You almost jumped when you felt the warmth of someone else's hand on your own. You looked down to see Sam with his hand resting on yours, his eyes staring directly into yours.

"(Y/n) there is something I want to tell you", he says suddenly. Your eyes widened, not quite expecting anything like this to happen.

"(Y/n) I love you, will you please be my girlfriend?!", he announced, almost yelling. His confidence was admirable but you knew that you couldn't accept, you already had someone. You pulled your hand away from him, sliding it into your pocket.

"Sam, I'm sorry but I can't be your girlfriend". His eyes widened in shock as if he hadn't expected rejection. He raised his eyebrows, shuffling closer to you.

"But why? I love you, don't you feel the same way?", he questioned. You wanted to say no but you didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"Sam, please don't do this", you begged, moving away from him.

"But I love you. Unless...", he trails off, adjusting his glasses.

"There's someone else". Your face turned red at his accusation.

"No, of course not. Look, Sam, I don't feel that way about you and I never will, it's nothing personal, okay? I see you as a friend and work colleague". He watched you intensely, his eyes not leaving you for a second.

"Why are you saying no to me? You can't pick and choose", he said. Your body froze at the comment.

"Didn't you know that no one else wants you, the only reason you're apart of the Avengers is because of Tony. None of the others like you and neither do his other employees. (Y/n) there is no one who loves you but me, you have to say yes or else you'll be alone forever".

A loud slap echoed throughout the park. His glasses sat crooked on his face and his cheek glowed red from the impact of your hand.

"So what?! You think that no one else is capable of falling in love with me!?", you yell. He swallows hard, shaking his head.

"Of course not, I didn't mean that. I meant t-".

"Shut it, I don't want any excuses from you. I already get it, no one else is going to love me so you might as well stop. At this point, I wouldn't love you even if you were the last person in the galaxy". Turning on your heel you began walking away, not caring about the consequences of abandoning the young man.

"How are you going to get back?", he calls. You huff and keep walking.

"I'll walk".

Here is the next update! I hope that you liked it. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD