Chapter 17

Snow's P.O.V.

Two days had gone by with no deaths. The Capitol people were no doubt getting bored. The drama between me and Jason had probably satisfied them for a little while but it wasn't enough.

It was never enough.

Something was going to happen.

Something big.

"You hungry?" I asked as a groggy Orchid climbed down from her tree. She nodded sleepily.

Over the past few days, we'd gotten to know each other pretty well. She was like a little sister to me. 

She was also a lot like Jason.

"What's for breakfast?" Orchid asked snapping me out of thoughts.

"Groosling. I caught it this morning."

"Yum." Orchid said gigging.

I laughed and handed her a leg.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked.

She shrugged. "We should probably relocate again."

I nodded. "We'll pack up right after breakfast."

We ate in silence. Orchid and I shared an understanding that I often didn't like to talk or be bothered when I was in thought.

By the time we finished eating, Orchid had noticed how on edge I was.

"You okay?" she asked as I put out the fire. 

I nodded. "I'm just...nervous, that's all."

"I know what you mean. I can hear the Gamemakers discussing our deaths."

I smiled at her slightly. "Yeah. I wonder how the other tributes are holding up."

"It's a big arena, plus, I know that a lot of the Districts allied with each other so there isn't many people to find separately."

"You're smarter than you think you are Orchid." I murmured as we packed.

"I'm quite normal actually. There's nothing special about me."

"I beg to differ." I said looking up at her. "You're special to me. You helped me."

She smiled at me. "That's because I know how you feel. Everyone thinks you're some horrible person, but you really aren't."

I laughed bitterly. "I woudn't go that far. I'm still a horrible person just not as horrible as everyone thinks I am."

"If you're horrible than I'm definitely not smart."

I grinned at her. "You are though. You've made it this far."

She looked pleased. "How long do you think we've been in the Games?"

I thought for a moment. "Well, I think about eight days." 

"Eight days." Orchid murmured. "Wow,"

"You know, I'm thinking that some of the other tributes must've fought but not died. Otherwise the Capitol would be bored out of their minds by now."

"I have to agree with you." Orchid said nodding.

We grabbed our stuff and headed off in a direction, ready to relocate yet again.

Jason's P.O.V.

"Morning!" Vena said brightly as I walked out of the cave. 

"Morning." I murmured back. 

She smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss.

Surprise, surprise.

I had kissed her two days ago.