Chapter 4, Training

I stood in the training room. Alone, except for the Capitol attendants. Yes, I was the first one there.

One of the Capitol attendants walked up to me. "Would you like a glass of water?"

"No thank you." I said examining everything around me.

Target range, brain reaction simulator, edible plant test, sets of agility testing rope and rock climbing walls, range attack simulator.

So many things to choose from. 

"Can you describe that?" I asked the attendant pointing to the range attack simulator.

She nodded.

 "You pick what type of targets you want based on what range weapon you're using. Wooden targets for knives, simulated targets for a bow and arrow, etc. Then you select how many you targets you want."

I nodded for her to continue.

"When you hit a certain area such as the head or heart, any fatal shot, it'll move onto the next one. Or you can pick a mode which would be more realistic in which case more than one target can pop up."

I thought about that for a moment.

I would have to try that later.

"Thank you." I said turning away.

The elevator doors opened and I watched the District 1 and 4 tributes walk through. Kern walked behind them.

"Could've told me you were coming!" he yelled at me.

"I'm sorry, I was going to wake you up but your snoring was so loud I could hear it from the dining room. I assumed you were tired." I said rolling my eyes.

The other tributes laughed.

Kern made a face at me.

I heard the elevator door open again to reveal the tributes from 5 and 6.

Jerome and the boy from District 4 walked up to me. 

"Hello Snow."

I smiled. "So we meet again." 

Jerome smirked. "This is Mitch."

I gave Mitch a small smile. "Hello."

"Hello Ambassador." Mitch said bowing. 

I frowned at Jerome. "Did you tell him to do that?"

Jerome and Mitch laughed. "Possibly." Jerome answered.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"So what weapons are you going to use?" Mitch asked curiously.

The thing is, with us Career tributes, you can't pull off the weak and sniveling tribute act, like that one girl Johanna Mason from 7.

Especially not with me, what with my skills advertised all over Panem.

"All of them." I said grinning. 

Act cocky, act cruel, be no less than what they expect. 

Mitch smiled. "Jerome told me you were cocky." 

I raised an eyebrow at Jerome. 

"Good." I muttered turning away.

The elevators opened again to reveal tributes from 7, 9, 11, and 12. The District 12 tributes stared at me in fear. 

I literally growled at them.

They purposely stood on the opposite side of the training room.

"Woah girl."