"Thank you." he crawled next to me

"I'm Masashi Harukawa, you?"

"I'm Amaya and this is Naruto." the little tiger purred and jumped onto my lap.

"You aren't very talkative, are you." he leaned against the cold stone wall. "I like that, it's relaxing."

"What happened to that boy?"

"You mean Katsuro. Well, we come from the sound village and for a while now, things have been different." he sighed "A bunch of shinobi from our village attacked him."

I crawled to the limb body, he was barely alive.

His stomach would rise and fall lightly and he grimaced from time to time.

I pressed my ear against his chest. "Can you help him?" Masashi smiled widely

"Just step back."

I inhaled deeply and summoned Sho, the healer among my summonings.

Sho never seemed to be in a bad mood, he was certain that everything was peaceful and good and that cuts and wounds were made by accident.

"Sho, an accident happened to this boy, please, could you-"

"This isn't an accident-" I slapped his arm and furrowed my eyebrows

"I said, step back." I growled

"Yes, these wounds look awful. It will take a few days."

I nodded "Thank you, Sho."

I turned to Masashi "Eat, this will take very long."

"I've got no fire to cook."

"Eat the apple in my bag."

"Fine." he muttered, crawling away from his friend.

I infused some chakra into Katsuro and Sho started to cry, his tears dripped onto the wounds.

After a few minutes I stopped  "Is he better now?" I shook my head

"He needs a lot of rest, don't touch him." Masashi took back his hand which was extended towards Katsuro.

I crawled back into a corner and bit into my apple.

"So, what is this clip, actually?"

My eyes widened to the size of sauce pans as I stared at the carrot hair clip in his hands.

"Give that back." I whispered. My throat felt hoarse and my eyes stung.

"Is that- blood?" I jumped onto him and took the clip before crawling back into the corner "That's none of your business."

"Fine, I'm sorry." he sat back next to me after covering his friend with a blanket.

"Why are you hiding inside a cave?"

"I ran away and have nowhere to go."

"What about friends?"

"I have non any more."

"That's a pity. Well, now that you live here with us, we can be friends, right?"

"I only hurt others, you don't want to be my friend."

"Alright, I have been hurt before and I know I will still be hurt very often in life, but that's normal."

I sighed "But you shouldn't run against walls on purpose." he snickered

"You sound so negative about yourself. You see, I have been hurt so many times in my life, everyone is." he gulped down the last bit of his apple. "It's as if we are surrounded by very clean windows, we don't see it coming and then we get hurt."