My Past, My Lie, Unforgotten

Chapter 2

Amaya's POV

"So what's even your name, now that you are traveling with us?" Naruto was fighting a clone off

"Shiori, I'm just traveling in the same direction." I stretched and continued watching Naruto.

"Why don't you train with Naruto?" I looked at Jiraiya, he seemed persistent

"Because I'm just a normal traveller, I do not fight." I ignored him

"What happened to your eye?" I looked at him

"I wasn't careful and the enemy took advantage." "What enemy?" I growled

"My family and I travelled a lot, it's obvious there were many thieves." he chuckled

"I see, don't worry, we'll protect you." he ruffled my hair, I pushed it away

"I do not need help from a stranger. The last time I trusted someone he hurt me more than anyone else."

"Did he kill your family?" I shook my head

"He abandoned me." Jiraiya sighed, as if remembering something

"Well, don't worry, even if you don't trust us, we'll protect you." he smiled and looked at me instead of the girls on the other side of the bushes.

"Don't expect the same reaction from me." I growled and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The stars were twinkling again, above my head. I thought about the night when I talked to Jiraiya.

"The stars seem so far away from each other, but they still have a connection just like you and me."

Tears sprang to my eyes, I shook my head and sobbed. Steam rose from the hot water. I heard Naruto and Jiraiya debate in the other side of the hot springs.

"Why can't I just tell him?" I dove underwater and screamed, I came up again and inhaled, tears ran down my cheeks.

Is this how being in love feels like too? I shook my head, it isn't about a crush. It's about family and friends.

"Itachi-san, what is a crush?" "I guess when you feel butterflies whenever you see or talk to the person you like, when you blush and such, why?"

"All the girls in my class are saying they have a crush on Sasu-kun!"

No, this was a lot worse, I believe.

 I sighed in frustration, my whole body felt numb. "Shiori, you OK?" I panicked, did they hear me scream? Do they know I'm actually Haruhi?

"Yes, why?" "We just were wondering, you are very quiet!" Naruto yelled from the other side of the wall.

"Oh, I'm always quiet, don't worry! I'm getting out now." "Fine, we'll meet for dinner."

I wrapped the towel around myself. On such missions, I deceived others by changing my appearance.

 My hair was blond and my eyes a bright blue. I pulled on a dress and stuck a white hairband into my hair.

No one would think I was a S-Rank missing nin, would they? The echoes of steps were heard in the distance so I quickly hid all my belongings.

"Shiori, time for dinner." Naruto sounded eager and hungry.

"Alright, I'll be there in 5." I heard him walk away in a fast pace, stood up and tried to eavesdrop on them.