Chapter 24

— Third POV — 2 hours earlier —

As soon as Lance ran after Keith the King turned to Princess Allura, he did not look happy in the slightest. He walked up to he with displeased authority, Tatani watched her father with growing anxiety; she knew her father was not going to hold anything back.

Allura stood strong but could tell that the treaty was now non-existent. The other paladins moved to her side to provide extra strength.

"Princess." His anger and disgust showing. "I cannot believe the disgusting behaviour your Paladin has demonstrated!"

King Eston promptly turn his back to Allura and the others. The was a very distinct negative ora.

Allura went to step towards the King, however Eston spoke. "I cannot form a treaty with such disrespectful people, I would like you to leave my planet; now."

Tatani was on edge, she knew how much this meant for Voltron and she knew the truth.
She had to do something, Lance did nothing wrong; she had to show courage.

"Father!" He brought his gaze to her. "Please don't do this, you both need this treaty."

Queen Rosetta made her way over to her daughter. "Honey, they disrespected us and showed inappropriate behaviour towards you; we do not wish to be associated with people like that."

The queen was trying to subtly drag Tatani away from the conversation but the young princess stuck to her guns and continued. She released her hand from her mothers grasp and took a breath.

"No, that's not true." Everyone in the room had tuned into the conversation and all eyes were now on her; it's now or never.

"The Blue Paladin did nothing of the sorts, in fact he saved my life." Shock spread through the ballroom, all Paladins had mouths a gape.

Shiro on the other hand was lightly clutching his head, he had been having aggressive headaches lately and occasionally blacking out.

"What do you mean?..." Queen Rosetta was very worried for her daughter.

"It is not a conversation for the present moment, but you have to form the treaty; it is imperative."

— Present Time — Shiro's POV —

"-ro.....hiro......Shiro!" Someone was calling out to me and my body was being shaken, the voice sounded a lot like Princess Allura.

My eyes flutter open and the blurry figure of the Princess comes into view, she has concern etched into her face.

I look around at my surroundings and see that I am on a table and wearing nothing but a blanket. 'Fuck! I blacked out again.'

"Oh thank goodness your ok!" Allura wraps me in a hug and I gratefully accept, she pulls back and I give her a look of confusion.

"What happened?" She looks at me with a grim expression. "We are not sure, I found you on the ground in one of the corridors bleeding, naked and covered in a whitish substance."

'I don't even want to know'

"I went to find Lance and Keith but I blacked out, I don't remember anything after walking out of the ballroom" Allura hands me my clothes and start to pull them on as she looks in the other direction.

"Yes well, no one has seen either of them since they left over 2 hours ago." Wow, that's quite a while for them to be absent.

I then remembered about the treaty. "What happened to the treaty?" All I really remember about that is Lance coming in with the princess of Eurilia before I had a massive headache.

It angered me to think that Lance disobeyed an instruction that I had given to him.
I've been so angry lately and I can't understand why.

Allura and I walk out of the room and continue to talk as we walk down the halls, she said she was taking me to the place where she found me. The corridors get increasingly colder and I assume that they don't heat this area often.

When we arrive, I look at the blood and white substance, I have a strong feeling I know what it is but I don't want to believe it.

'What did I do....'