Chapter 8

Third POV
It came to lunch time and the team was going to confront Lance about the decision that they had made without him. They all meet up outside the Blue Lion. Lance was still sound asleep inside.

They start calling for him to come out but with no luck and no response at all they, decide to go eat and then come back later.

— The Kitchen —

"He doesn't need to be such a baby about it, we just wanted to talk to him" Allura is annoyed at Lance's antics.

"You don't think he heard us talking about him do you." Hunk was obviously worried that his friend had overheard them.

"Nah, not a chance." Keith scoffed

They all sat there quietly munching on the goo without a care. Most of them had finished within a few minutes and were now awkwardly waiting for something to happen.

As a way to ease the tension they made their way to the training room, completely forgetting about Lance.

Lance's POV
I had woken up a few minutes ago to the sound of light scratching against the metal. I move over to where the scratching is coming from, I see little Caspian clawing at the ground trying to get to something.

"What's wrong sweetie?~" I gently ask him.

He looks up at me and lets out a loud and long whine. He starts to claw at the metal again, I pick him up he yelps. I feel something warm and wet spread across my chest.

I pull him away from my body only to see it drenched in urine. 'He needed the bathroom; he's toilet trained.' That's nice to know that I won't have to change any baby diapers. I don't really think it is a big deal that he peed on me, my nieces and nephews use to do it all the time.

I move back further into the ship and to the bathroom, I get both of us cleaned up and walk out. I fossick through the other small rooms to see if I can find anything for him to wear. Blue said that there was baby clothes somewhere in here. I have no idea why, but don't question her.

Behind some boxes I find a pair of underwear and a small shirt, I bring it back into the cockpit and over to Caspian.
I put the clothes on him and get myself dressed as well.

All of a sudden the Castle alarms go off and Allura tells us to get to our Lions. I'm already with Blue, so that means I won't get told off. Yes.

————

We fly out of the ship and start to shoot at the incoming fighter drones. I thought that everything was going well and it was until the team starts to talk.

"Nice of you to show up." Keith's voice is cruel as he send me a glare through the video screen. My heart aches at his words and I shrink back in my seat as I fly.

I accidentally crash into Pidge whilst trying to avoid getting hit by a blast. I know that she is not going to take that lightly.

"WHAT THE FUCK LANCE!!!" She screeches at me.

"GET YOUR USELESS ASS IN THE GAME. YOU ARE SO STUPID!!!!" She just angry, she doesn't mean it. 'Yes she does' 'Your such a worthless piece of trash' 'You should just let yourself be shot with a blast!'

No. I can't, if I do that then Caspian would die as well. I honestly don't care if I get shot, but Caspian; I can't let that happen.

I look back at him too see that he is laughing loudly, rolling around in the blankets. Blue had put a small particle barrier around the entrance to the bed so that he would not fall out and get injured.

"LANCE!!" I hear Hunk yell at me, he never yells; must be important. Out of nowhere I feel a strong sense of piercing pain erupt through my body as electricity fills the cockpit. The blankets and particle barrier protect Caspian from getting electrocuted.

Everything is spinning and I can't hear much. Although I do hear Allura call for an emergency retreat. Blue flies us back to the castle and into the hangers.

As soon as she lands I get up. I get up and walk out towards the control room, not listening to her pleads.

I stagger down the halls and into the control. Everyone is already there, I put on a goofy grin to hide the immense pain I am in. Shiro walks up to me.

"We need to talk. Alone."