Chapter twenty - Nothing But A Lie

Start from the beginning

“I told you, you won’t be able to make me happy Ryder. Even you know that. So stop trying.” I wipe my tears and put my chin up showing him that I’m being confident.

“Let’s just pretend that what we have is nothing, and that this relationship is made up but we only have to pretend in front of our parents. How does that sound? I mean it should be easy for you, more time for you to sleep round with different girls.” I said giving him a bitter smirk.

His eyes were filled with guilt, until they darkened. “I always knew you were a insensitive bitch, like you always are.” He said. He stormed off slamming the door on his way out.

This time I cried even more, I knew Ryder wouldn’t be able to make me happy. I guess we just have to pretend like nothing even happened and that we both like each other and accept each other. Just for both of our parents.

*

“So what your trying to say is that you and Ryder are getting an arrange marriage from both of you parents, and you guys are getting married with each other?” Chloe said as she was asking me and making things clear.

“That’s great, isn’t it?” Chloe said hiding her excitement.

“Chloe you don’t understand, being with Ryder could only mean one of us is going to get hurt and that someone is me. Ryder’s a player and him changing is going to take a lot for him.” Chloe nodded slightly understanding me. “Plus aren’t we both a little too young to get married? I mean people might start assuming I’m pregnant. A 17 year old girl nearly 18 is pregnant, I mean what would people think?”

Chloe nodded. “Your right about that. And I’m pregnant and so far no one knows, well except from you guys.” She said smiling. “If you like him and your willing to get married with Ryder, take a risk Madison. I know it sounds different for you I mean you always take risk but not this kind of risk, sometime in life you have to take a risk in order to get your happy ending.” I thought about what Chloe said, I might get my happy ending if I take a risk?

*

“How’s both of my babies?” I heard Adam coming over to me and Chloe.

I rolled my eyes as I opened the cap of my drink.

They both kissed each other as I saw Adam touching Chloe’s stomach that shows absolutely nothing.

Adam groaned when he sat down pulling the chair closer to Chloe. “When is the baby bump over to show?” Chloe chuckled.

“Adam it’s only been 3 months, it will show sooner we just have to wait.” Chloe’s already been 3 months which is crazy how time flies. Adam excitedly jumped up and kissed Chloe on the lips.

“Right we need to think of baby names.” Chloe started off, they both were talking something important.

I was left alone, I searched the cafeteria and saw Ryder with a blond girl who I’m guessing is either Sarah or Brittany. My heart sunk when I saw him with a girl, I looked down as I saw someone taking my food.

I looked up and saw Jake grinning, I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Stop taking my food, get your own!” I said trying to get my sandwich from his hand but he was too tall for me.

“What’s inside this sandwich?” he asked.

I sighed. “Bacon chicken and mayonnaise.” Fingers crossed he doesn’t like it.

He smiled. “My favourite.”

I groaned. “Jake, I’m being serious give it back!” this time I stand up but he stands up as well.