Chapter 4: Friends... For Now

Start from the beginning

Two hours of Accounting subject passed by and finally, the professor dismissed us from class. I quickly left the room, leaving Hoseok and Yoongi behind as I went to the lockers to hopefully see Jiwon and walk with her going to our Research class. I'm actually with Seokjin there as well but nevermind him. He's old enough to go there by himself. I got a baby to catch.

Speaking of my soon-to-be baby, I saw her figure beside my locker, fixing her things and taking the things that she need. I inhaled deeply and cheered for myself. Be casual, Jimin. She allowed you to be her friend, right? My subconcious spoke to me. Right, I can do it!

I opened my locker and placed some things there before greeting her. "Hey, what's up?" I asked her. She smiled and closed her bag then her locker. "I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm good."

"How's Jihoon?" She asked and leaned against her locker.

"He's good. He wants to see you again, actually. He really likes you."

"That's sweet."

"Hey, Jimin you bastard! Don't forget tonight, loveㅡ oh! Hi, Jiwon!" Yoongi greeted her and I saw how Jiwon stiffened from her place as she started to blush.

"Go away! I'll see you later," I told him and Hoseok who were giving me 'the look'. Tch.

They left, still giving me a teasing look for a couple of steps as they walked away before fully averting their look on me. I turned to Jiwon and saw her still frozen on her spot. Eesh! I'm jealous.

"Yah! Jiwon!" I called her and snapped my finger to get her back to her senses.

"What just happened?" She asked absent-mindedly. "Did Yoongi just... omo, he did!" I heard her whisper to herself. Is that even a whisper when I heard it clearly?

Her cheeks blushed even more and her smile couldn't be hidden anymore. Shoud I give Yoongi a punch? I think he did that on purpose to tease me. Aish!

"Calm down, woman. You're not his type," I told  her honestly. And you're mine.

"Yah!" She pinched my arm and glared at me but then she stopped and sighed. "You're right. What am I compared to the girls he sleeps with. They're sexy and hot while I'm plain and boring." But I still want you. If you will just like me back then we're good. I don't care if you're plain because I want to be the only person to see all of you and I'm confident that you would not be wearing something too showy which will make things easy for us. No arguments when it comes to the way you dress. Your simplicity is what I like. If you will just notice me, Jiwon.

"Hey, I'm sure someone around likes you just the way you are," who is definitely me.

"Yeah, right. You know, let's not talk about that. Let's go to class or else we'll be late," she said then took my hand and pulled me with her. At first, I was taken aback but I quickly composed myself and walked beside her. Many were looking at us but I saw her unbothered unlike the first time we really interacted which was making me wonder why.

To answer my question, I asked her. "You seem fine with all the eyes and whispers coming from my admirers. You unbothered?"

"Yes and no. But you said you will protect me. You will, right?" She asked and looked into my eyes and that moment, I felt my heart soften and I felt it become warm as I saw her eyes telling me that she truly trusts me. I smiled and nodded. "Of course. As my friend, of course you're already special to me." More special than what you think you are to me.

"I'm glad," she said.

Reaching our room, I made her sit on Jin's place. He can go search for somewhere else and use his 'handsome face' to socialize with people around him.