T W E N T Y

Madison's pov.:

May 15, Saturday, 9 a.m. day of the memorial

'Bzzzz!' Damn you alarm clock. Today is the memorial and holy shit I am nervous as h*ll. You are probably asking why I didn't say what happened last night so I will give you a quick flashback from last night. And watch out, there are many bad words.

___ Flashback ___ A/N Madison is telling it from her point of view last night. So it doesn't have verbs in the past. Imagine that it's now last night. Enjoy...

'Mom, dad, I don't want to become a lawyer. I love art. I want to do something with art in my life. I even have applied to an internship in New York. But it's a small chance I am gonna get that. But I wanted to tell you before I make a big mistake.'

When I said that I saw my mom her 'You-are-kidding-face'. God, she really isn't happy. 'You're kidding, right. Greg, tell me that's she's kidding.' Okay, this is really bad. She's using dad's real name.

Mostly she calls him sweetie or love or something like that. But now, I don't know what she's gonna do. But she can't get it out of my head. I don't want to be a lawyer, that's the point here.

'Greg, tell her she's ridiculous. TELL HER THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!' And here comes the freaking out. Wow, that was really fast. I thought that she was gonna laugh in my face.

'Mom, please. Let me do my own thing. Painters and art specialists can make good money too.' I try to calm her down but it doesn't work so well.

'YOUR OWN THING? YOU NEED TO BECOME A LAWYER, YOU ARE STUDYING FOR THAT. YOU CAN'T JUST DROP THAT OUT. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MADISON? WHAT THE ACTUAL F***** H****?'

I didn't think my mother knew those words. 'Rose, calm down.' My dad is trying too. I know that he's the business dad but for now it seems like he's okay with it.

'NO GREG. OUR DAUGHTER IS GONNA THROW HER LIFE AWAY AND I NEED TO CALM DOWN.'

'Mom please, this is something I want to do. Can't you just accept that? I am already taking art classes. I'm sorry for not telling you guys that but I knew this would be your reaction.'

'Young lady, we are not happy that you didn't tell us about that. But we understand it. Your mother needs to cool a little off. Go home and don't bring this up tomorrow. We talk Sunday. I love you, princess.'

I am happy that my dad is thinking that. He's right, she just needs to calm down. So after that I go to my car without saying anything to my mother. I drive back to my dorm and tell everything to Rachel.

____END FLASHBACK _____

That's pretty much it. I know my mother is overreacting. If I was a mother I just want that my kid was happy, without all the complicated crap. Does she need to be so extra? God mothers, what are you supposed to do with them? If somebody knows the answer, let me know.

Anyways, today is the memorial. I probably said that already. Yeah so the memorial, every year we decide what's the theme is. Mostly it's colors. I know this is a sad thing but we're gonna make the best of it.

And this year the theme is Cinderella. I know pretty lame and weird. On a memorial from your dead brother the most beautiful dress wearing. We're a pretty weird family.

I thought about this day since last month. And we're now the 15th. It's a really important day. So that's why I (with a little help of Rachel) choose the perfect dress. It's like I just came out of a fairytale.

I hope this dress is good and not too much. It is and stays a memorial. But no overthinking everyone is going to dress like that. Right?

 Right?

I get in my dress and do my hair. It's not a ball so I just release it. Rachel goes too, she bought her dress one year ago. That girl likes fairytales. Definitely if she can be in one.

Jack is coming too. Normally I only invite family and my closest friends but Rachel must have a date. I explained it thousand times that it wasn't a party but she always answers:

'If you wear a dress with thousand diamonds plus high heels, it's a fucking party. More like a crowd. And by the way, if you're dressed like Cinderella, your prince charming must be with you.'

Plus Travis invited all his friends over. He's so selfish. This is my brother's day and he thinks about getting drunk and laid.

'Are you ready? We have to go.' Was I day dreaming again? Man, I need to stop doing that. Rachel pushes me into my high heels. It's not that simple. Women have a hard life.

'I am ready. Can we go now?' I ask Rachel. First she yells at me for not being ready and now her lazy ass is typing on her phone. 'Yeah, one minute.'

'Girl, this memorial is important to me. Can you pay attention to me? Or at least go with me.' She stands up from her seat.

'I am sorry, Madi. I know this is a sad day. And I am just being selfish. I will make sure that you will have a great day, even if it is so sad.' She hugs me and opens the door. 'Thank you.' I say before I go out the door.

Here we go.

.

.

I know, I know, it's really short. And I'm sorry for the cliffhanger on nineteen. It's just so hard for me. I know what's going to happen. But the inspiration isn't there yet.

I may add that it's gonna be during way way longer than now. Maybe every two weeks. I am sorry. it's so busy. But if you like this story you can read it better next month.

It's probably much longer. It's just advice. If I read a story and it says it's gonna take long I wait until the next month and then it's mostly directly completed. So have patient. It's important in life.

-xxx Try_New_Things-