knj | Not Much Of A Hint

Where the date you and your soulmate meet is tattooed to your skin along with a hint on the location. The hint can be obvious or puzzling depending on how strong the love between the soulmate's will be.

~ ~ ~ ~

Dedicated to Kim Namjoon

Happy 25th Birthday

You deserve all the love in the world and I can't thank you and your brothers enough for simply existing and doing what you love. It's helped me finally have the strength to sing on stage, and I didn't have a panic attack! You've inspired me to continue being myself and to have no shame in who I truly am. Thank you for everything.

I wish I could return the favor somehow. Even just giving all of you hugs would be enough for me.

I love and purple you

Keep dreaming, keep loving, keep trying, stay alive, fighting!

~ ~ ~ ~

Today's the day.

But nothing's happened yet.

And the clue doesn't help much, either.

Sitting again at the edge of the Han River, I aimlessly strummed the strings of my ukelele as the few clouds blew by. The sun was low in the sky, but still fully visible as it shined against the water beside the street lights.

I sighed in disappointment, but made no sign of moving. It wasn't midnight yet, so there was still time to meet them.

But it's pretty quiet...

And I know exactly how to fill this silence.

- - - - -

It was beautiful outside. A cool breeze blew through his black hair as birds sang their songs before the low-hanging sun disappeared. Oranges and reds began to appear against the darkening blue sky. It was an evening filled with sparks that could bring inspiration at any time.

But Namjoon didn't feel inspired, or calm. He was extremely stressed.

BTS's next album was ready to be released and the MV's were all ready to be uploaded on YouTube. But now they have new songs to write, new MVs to film, more photoshoots, and then a world tour right around the corner.

He felt like the weight of the whole world was slammed onto his shoulders and that he couldn't live up to the world's overly-high expectations. So to relieve this stress, he went to the stretch of the Han River that sat right next to the Ttukseom Hangang Park for some peace of mind and fresh air.

The last thing he expected to encounter as he walked to his quiet place was a girl singing in the distance. As he got closer, Namjoon noticed she was also in his spot (or near it at least, it's hard to tell when your spot is just grass surrounded by more grass).

Curiosity taking over his overly-stressed brain, the leader of Bangtan walked quietly up to the girl, sitting a reasonable distance away from her so she didn't notice him and he could see her.

Eyes closed, sitting cris-cross with a ukelele in her arms, the girl hummed and sang out small tunes as she strummed at the strings on her instrument slowly. She seemed to be thinking about what song to play, pausing to think a few times before she began to confidently strum.

She asked me, "Son, when I grow old
Will you buy me a house of gold?
And when your father turns to stone
Will you take care of me?"