"So I'm 12 again, right?" I spit back at my mother. "I'm injured, and so is Liam, we don't need this," I say, being as nice as possible.

"We?" My mother asks, looking over at Liam. "Who do you mean by 'we'?" She asks, folding her arms over her fake boobs.

"Liam and I," I say like it's obvious.

"There's no more of that," She simply says, grabbing my forearm.

"What?" I shout, taking my arm out of her grip.

"You're never seeing him again, not after this bullshit," She says, trying to tug me away.

"You can't do this," My throat lets out a sob, and she gives me a look of disgust.

"You're crying Emily, stop it. You're an adult," She scolds me, and I scowl.

"Yes, I'm an adult. So I should be making my own decisions," I say, my leg aching with pain every time she pulls me.

I look over to Liam, hearing his heart monitor speed up. His hand moves up to the mask, removing it himself from his face.

"Lets go," My mom says. "We're going back to Detroit. You don't need any clothes, your old ones are there," She says casually, as Liam starts to speak.

"She doesn't have to go anywhere, she's an adult and can decide her own choices," Liam says, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer. I feel like a rope, being used for a game.

A nurse barges in, interrupting this argument.

"Emily, there you are," A look of relief washes over her face. "I came to inform you that you're free to go, but your apartment is under investigation, so no one can enter until about a week or so," She finishes, hanging me a small plastic bag, filled with the stuff I came with.

"Thanks," I say quietly. The nurse nods, before leaving us again.

"See, you won't have any clothes but the ones you were shot in," My mom replies harshly. "And, some police men want to talk to you and him, but separately," She glances over at Liam.

I sigh in defeat.

"I will go home with you," I say, and my moms eyes fill with some sort of emotion. "But only until my apartment is done getting investigated," I say. I don't want to live in that apartment though. I don't want to relive that sene every time I walk in the door. I'm going to have to move. I couldn't deal with it.

"Alright, so it's settled," My mom says. "I will be waiting in the car," With that, her car keys jingle in her purse, as she walks off.

I turn back to Liam, who isn't looking at me.

"I'm sorry," I say, but I know it's too late.

"Yeah, I know," He says, still not looking at me.

"Liam, I will be back as soon as you recover. We will be back together before you know it," I can feel my eyes burning with heat.

I won't even be here to support him, while he stays in the hospital a little longer. Since he got shot near the rib cage, it will take him longer to recover.

"Please stay Em," He's now begging, but still not looking at me.

"Liam, you know I would if I could, but that would never get past my mother," I say, resting my hand on top of his.

"Your mothers a bitch," He says, making us both laugh.

"I know," I agree, sitting beside him.

"I love you," He says, and I smile, because his eyes meet mine.

"I love you," I say.

-

"I can't wait for you to see the new house," My mother cheers with joy.

"A new house?" I ask, looking over at her. We are currently on the long drive to Detroit, from Chicago. It's going to be hell, sitting in a car with my my mother for such a long period of time.

"Yes, we got one just outside the city, in a luxurious village," She smiles widely, while talking about it.

"Great," I say, trying to sound happy.

"And, you have someone who wants to visit," She says, clicking her finger nails on the steering wheel.

"Who?" I ask, resting my was back.

"Jake," She says, giggling like a little girl.

"Why would he want to visit me? We haven't talked since I broke up with him," My heart begins to beat faster.

"He just wants too see you, that's all," A smirk grows on my mothers face.

We stop talking after that, so to get out of the awkward tension, I plug my headphones into my phone, listening to some music.

I decide to text Liam, too see if the nurses also have him his stuff back.

"How are you?"

I send the text message, before going through some unread texts.

I got one from Louis saying that he hopes I feel better. I really do owe this all to Louis, he did kinda save us in some way.

Another one is from Harry, saying he heard what happened, and that he will be checking up on Liam every once in a while.

Other than that, I don't have any new texts, so I lock my phone, resting my head back and slowly shutting my eyes.

-

vote, comment, share, etc.