27

Emily's POV

I immediately recognize the voice as my mother.

"Mom?" I question, even though I already know it's her.

"Yes it's me. Why don't you come out?" She tries opening it up. I fold the piece of paper up, shoving it inside my bra. Not the best place, but the quickest.

I unlock the door, opening it up for her too see me.

"Oh my god, Emily you look like hell." My mom remarks, and my heart sinks.

"Um, yeah busy week." I lie, not knowing I actually looked like hell. She shrugs, pulling me into a light hug.

"One question." Her voice gets serious, as I shut the bathroom door, and go out into my room.

"What?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Who's that boy?" She gives me a look.

"Oh yeah. I didn't tell you about Liam. Or his mother." I sigh, sitting down on my bed.

"Liam? What's going on?" She crosses her arms over her fake boobs. I look down, rolling my eyes, before speaking.

"He's kinda my boyfriend. We're dating." I tell her, and he scoffs.

"Him?" She scoffs once again, giving me a dirty look.

"Yes, him." I say, looking into her dull, cold eyes.

"He's disgusting. With all his tattoos, and that scowl on his face." She shakes her head, with a disgusted look on her face.

"Mom you can't judge someone based on their looks. He's really nice to me, and so is his mother." I tell her.

"I can't believe his mother let him grow up like that." She says, and I loose it.

"Mom stop!" I shout, and she's surprised by my actions.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me." She threatens.

"I'm not a kid mother, Im an adult." I say sternly, standing up. I can't believe my mother is trash talking Liam, without even knowing him.

"If you were an adult, you wouldn't be dating someone like him." She scowls, and I clench my teeth together.

"Don't you dare say that! You don't even know him and you are judging him! You know, you're not the nicest person either," I yell, not being able to control my voice or words.

"I don't need to get to know him! He's trouble, and you're not going to see him!" She yells back just as loud, ignoring my statement about her.

Suddenly Liam walks trough the door.

"What's going on?" He looks at me, and can tell I'm fuming.

"None of your business!" My mom hisses, and Liam gives her a dirty look.

"Don't talk to him like that!" I yell at her. Liam comes over to me, but I step around him looking at my mother.

"You haven't changed one bit, and I don't want you here ruining our Christmas. So leave." I hold back my tears, and swallow the lump in my throat.

"Gladly." She gives me a frown. She looks at Liam, scowling at him. With that, she leaves and I hear the front door slam.

I sigh in frustration, as I sit down on my bed. I place my throbbing head in my hands.

"She's a bitch." Liam says under his breath, sitting closely next to me. His hands find my back, rubbing small circles.

"Tell me about it." I trail off, taking in a deep breath.

"Lets just forget about it." I stand up, leaving Liam on the bed. I go out into the living room, where Liam's mom is sitting on the couch watching TV, with a confused expression on her face.

-

"Thanks for coming, it was nice meeting you." I give Liam's mom one last hug goodbye.

"You too." She says, letting me get out of the hug.

She gives her goodbyes to her son, before leaving completely.