19

Liam's POV

As I'm eating the food in front of me, I hear muffled cries coming from down the hall. Who's crying? The only other person in the apartment is Emily.

I get up, setting my food down on the coffee table in front of the TV. I make my way down the hall, and to Emily's bedroom. As I press my ear against the door, sure enough it's Emily crying.

"Emily are you crying?" As soon as I ask this, the crying stops and I hear a sniffle.

"No." She sniffles again.

"I'm coming in." I say, and swing the door open. Her eyes are gloomy and puffy, and she has a frown on her face. I immediately take her into my arms, hugging her tightly.

"What's wrong Em?" I ask, rubbing her back. She lets out a cry, as she buries her face farther into my leather jacket.

"Nothing." She says, her face still on my chest.

"Don't tell me nothing, when you're sitting here in front of me crying." I say, taking her hand and leading her over to the bed. We both sit down next to each other, but I bring one arm around her waist pulling her closer.

"Where should I start Liam? Maybe the part where I'm depressed, or the part where I'm practically mentally insane?" She says quietly, and my heart drops. Depressed? Mentally insane? I know for sure that this beautiful young girl sitting her next to me is not mentally insane. It's shocking if she is depressed, considering she makes almost everyone smile or laugh.

"What do you mean?" My breath catches in my throat. I take her hand, stroking it gently, while looking at the sad girl next to me.

"Do you remember what I told you about my father?" She asks, and I nod. "Well I didn't tell you the whole story, and I guess I will now, but I'm sorry if I start crying." She pauses.

"Don't be sorry." I say, taking her other hand now in both of mine.

"Ever since my father has died, I've been seeing this dark shadow, or spirit, that I believe is him. I actually stopped seeing the spirit when I was prescribed with depression pills. Supposedly I had depression, which I believed considering I barely ever smiled or laughed. Anyways, my friends all started making fun of me for being depressed or as they called me, emo. Which I defiantly wasn't emo, but yes I was depressed. Long story short, this spirit went everywhere with me, but I didn't want it too. I didn't want it too because it would always tell me to kill myself, just like my father had did. One night, the spirit had harassed me intensely, I actually tried killing myself. I took my depression pills and swallowed as many as I could. I was only 15, but I didn't know what I was doing. No one expected this from me, because I didn't look like the type to kill myself. I didn't wear black clothes, I didn't dress depressed either. It was mainly on the inside. Anyways, I stopped seeing the spirit for years until today." she explained letting a tear drop on to her cheek.

"Today, before you picked me up. It sat on the bench to the side of me, but it was a ways away. It stared at me, with an intense wicked smile, and I didn't like it. Luckily it disappeared when you came." She stopped, taking a deep breath. I was speechless.

How could she be suicidal? I never expected this from her, and I was mentally and physically speechless.

"Oh my god Emily." I finally say, taking her into a giant bear hug. She starts crying again, and run my fingers through her long hair, trying to ease her pain.

All I can think about is this spirit. I remember her telling me she heard someone following her on the staircase. Could it have been a real person, or this spirit she had been seeing her whole life?

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I ask her, releasing her from the hug so I could look into her eyes.

"Because, I didn't know I would ever see him- it again." She says.

"Emily I don't ever want you feeling like you are worthless, or useless. You are so beautiful and are too precious to be taken from my life. Please promise me you won't ever try to harm yourself again." I say, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"I promise." She says, but doesn't look me in the eyes.

"When do you get your next dose of pills?" I ask her, and she sighs.

"This Friday I have to go pick them up." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"I'm going to go take a shower, I will be out to eat when I'm done." She gets up, taking her shirt off. I try not to look, but I can't help it. She is so perfect; so amazingly beautiful.

Before she undressed anymore, she goes into the bathroom and shuts the door.

I'm sitting on the couch, just now setting Emily's food down on the table in front of the couch.

I hear light footsteps coming from the hallway, and I quickly set the rest of her food down along with her drink. Emily appears from around the corner, giving me a small smile.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her, and she smiles.

"Better." She says, getting closer to me. She wraps the blanket around the both of us, snuggling up against me. I open my body more, as she comes even closer.

I play with her hair, while she quietly eats some food. She doesn't eat much, but most of it. When she's done, she sets the plates back down on the table, then leaning her head against my chest.

"I'm tired and exhausted." She says, her eyes slowly shutting.

"Want to go to bed?" I ask, and she nods. We both get up silently. I decide to take our plates, and set them in the sink. I shut the tv off, before walking down the hallway with her.

She immediately goes into the bathroom, probably brushing her teeth, before getting into the bed. She snuggles under the covers. She's so fucking cute, I can't contain the excitement happening down there right now. I take my shirt off, throwing it on the floor, along with my pants. I keep my boxers on, before also going into the bathroom and brushing my teeth. I shut the bathroom light off, then the bedroom light, before getting under the covers with her.

Our lips find each others, and I give her a small gentle kiss. My lips linger against hers, and all I can hear is her breathing. That's the only thing I want to hear, and I'm glad I do.

-

Comment, vote, share :)