42

Emily's POV

"What about Liam?" I ask, my throat swelling, and my palms getting sweaty. You can tell my heart was racing, because next to me the heart monitor is beeping like crazy.

I start to get out of the bed, but Louis lays a hand gently on my shoulder, holding me back a little.

"Lia shot not only you," He started, referring to my leg. "But, she also shot Liam," Louis sits next to me on the hospital bed. I feel my head going light, but I continue to ask him questions.

"Is he okay? I need to see him," I take off the stupid sticky things connected to my chest, throwing them on the ground in a panic.

"Emily, sit down. I need to finish," Louis gives me a pleading look as I'm about to get up. I sigh in defeat, and rest my back against the headboard.

"I was in my apartment, next to yours, and I heard screaming. Lots of it," Louis starts, gulping a little. "That's when I got concerned, so I came over, and stood by the door, just in case if nothing was actually happening. That's when I heard a gunshot, so I opened the door, and another shot when off. I saw you on the floor, next to Liam, and I panicked, so I pushed the girl to the ground, and ran after the gun as it slid across the room. That's when I held her at gunpoint," Louis stops a minute, his eyes pinching shut. "And I called the cops, and now we're here," He finished, and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Louis," I start, making him look up at me. "Thank you," I say, leaning over to hug him tightly. His arms find their way to my waist, and we sit there for a while, just hugging.

"Now help me go see Liam," I say quietly, my throat tightening. I try to hold the tears back, but I can't help it when some escape my eyes.

Louis comes over to my side of the bed, letting me wrap my arm around his shoulder. He helps me walk, as I limp out into the hallway. My leg doesn't hurt much, and I'm glad that the bullet only skimmed me. I'm able to walk, but I can't put much pressure on it yet.

We finally reach Liam's rooms, after what seems like a very long walk. I grab the door handle with my free hand, and slowly open it. As we make our way in, I see Liam's unconscious body, lying limp in the bed. I gasp, my entire body going limp. My legs go numb, making me slowly fall to the ground, but luckily louis is still supporting me.

A sob escapes my lips, as I lean against Liam's bed.

His facial features look so soft, as a muzzle type thing surrounds his mouth, slowly pushing air into his lungs. His hands rest beside his sides, his right hand slowly twitching.

"Liam," I breathe out, grabbing his hand.

A groaning sounds escapes his lips, as his eyelashes slowly lift up.

"Liam," I repeat, pushing my hair out of my face. When his eyes finally open, his brows furrow.

"Emily," He replies, clenching my hand.

"Where is my daughter!?" A loud screaming voice comes from the hallway, making my head turn towards Louis in confusion.

"Oh god," I say, letting out a sigh. I look back at Liam, giving his hand a squeeze. He isn't fully awake, but I know he's looking at me.

Breaking the silence, the door swings open, revealing an angry mom. Not just any mom, but my mom.

"Emily Smith, what the hell happened?!" My mother screams, making me cringe.

"Please stop shoutin-"

"No!," She starts, coming closer to me. "You listen to me," She starts scolding, and I can't say anything. Louis awkwardly rocks on his feet, eyeing my mother.