16

Emily's POV

When I wake up in the morning, Liam is beside me, sound asleep. His stomach rises up and down slowly with each breath he takes. It makes me peaceful just to watch him sleep. My eyelids start too close once again, so too prevent this, I get out of bed.

I walk out into the living room, letting out a long yawn with a stretch. I decided to make some coffee. I don't know if Liam likes coffee, but I'm making it anyways.

I prepare the coffee, putting in new coffee grounds and a filter. I press start, bringing the coffee pot to life as it makes a gurgling sound.

I check the time, to find out I still have two hours until I need to be there. Then I have about a half hour to get there and find a seat.

The coffee pot clicks, telling me it's ready. I grab my favorite mug, pouring some of the black coffee in it. I go in the fridge, taking out the French vanilla coffee creamer, putting some in my cup, then putting back in refrigerator.

I sit back down at the counter, sipping my coffee, while reading a magazine. This while thing is about Kim and Kanye's baby named North. Like seriously what kind of name is North? Then again it does sound kind of cool, like North West. If I had a baby girl I would name it Paige or Brooklyn. If I had a baby boy then I would name it Luke or Dakota. Maybe not Dakota, I like Jake better. I wonder if one day I will have kids, and with who. What if-

"Good morning." Liam's voice stops my thoughts, and I look over to him and smile. It's good to have someone not let my thoughts wander and ramble.

"Morning." I say. "There's some coffee."

He nods, walking over and making himself some coffee.

"I have classes soon so I will take the bus there and I should be back no later then four." I say, sipping my coffee.

"No I will drive you. And pick you up." He says.

"It's fine really, I ca-"

"Stop. I'm going to drive you there and back." He interrupts me and I don't say anything to start a fuse.

"I'm going to go get ready." I change the subject, putting my dishes in the sink. I make my way towards my room, quickly picking out a decent outfit. I recently just had bough a black hoodie with the letters CSU in orange letters. I put that on with some jeans and my slip on black converse

I took my hair and ran my hands through it, then running my brush through it to get the tangles out.

When it was brushed free of tangles, I turned my straightener on. This would be the first time in a while that I had straightened my hair. I didn't really like using a lot of heat on my hair. I didn't want to go bald in my 40's.

When the blue flashing on the side of the straightener stopped, letting me know it was done heating up, I started straightening each piece carefully. Since my hair was so thick, I did it piece by piece.

Almost twenty minutes later, I was done. I split my hair so that my scalp was a little more to the right then right in middle. I took my phone from beside the table, shoving it in my bag along with my wallet. I had about 5 journals and 5 huge binders in here for each class, which made my bag pretty heavy. I hung the bag loose on the back before going back out to where Liam was. He was fully dressed in black converse, black skinny jeans, a plain white shirt, and his leather jacket.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready." I responded, as he grabbed his keys. I locked the door behind us, making sure to do all the locks.

On our way down to the elevator, I saw Louis about to take the stairs.

"Hey Louis!" I quickly called after him, and he turned around.

"Hey Emily!" He only saw me, not Liam, and gave me a huge smile and hug. He then looked over at Liam, obviously intimidated. He backed away a little bit.

"I will see you later I guess." Louis slowly said, glancing at Liam. Liam stared at him, his fists clenched beside him.

"Okay bye." I gave him one last smile, before he turned and made his way down the stairs. I looked back at Liam, an crossed my arms over my chest. I scoffed at him, before entering the elevator that now opened.

"What?" Liam replied innocently.

"I saw the way you gave him that cold glare, and your fists. Why can't you be nice to my friends?" I confront humans he laughs.

"Friend? He is not your friend!" He scoffs, pressing the lobby floor on the elevator wall.

"And who are you to say that?" I remark, turning away from him.

"Your boyfriend." He says, placing a hand on my hip.

"Doesn't mean you can tell who can be my friends." I say, and the door opens to reveal the lobby. We both walk outside, me shivering from the cold. Liam doesn't say anything, he just curses under his breath. As we pass a bench, just outside the apartment building, a mans eyes meet mine. The only part of his body I can see is his eyes, because the rest of his face is covered with a beanie and a newspaper. He's wearing black shoes, black skinny jeans, and a large coat. I can't tell how old he is because I can only see his hazel but golden Carmel eyes. I don't know why I'm so interested in him, maybe because his eyes captured mine. He stares at me, and I stare at him, both of us making eye contact for the longest time before I look away as Liam gets in the car. I get in also, but when I look back to the bench, he is gone.

SECRET POV

The way her eyes met mine, almost made me feel bad for what I had to do to her. Her brown eyes looked so innocent; the way she looked at me. I thought I lost my cover, but luckily I was covered enough for her not to reveal my identity.

When she was looking I quickly got up, getting in the car that was behind theirs. I needed to know her before I got her this Saturday. I needed to know her reactions, what she likes, what she dislikes, the way she talks, everything. Call me crazy, but if I didn't find these things out, I will be fed to sharks by Richard. She was too pretty and smart to have this done to her, but I have to do what I have to do.

As soon as their car leaves, I quickly follow behind them.

I wasn't surprised when Liam and Emily pulled into the CSU parking lot. I knew she was going to be taking classes. I wait until Emily is out of the car. I watch as she goes around to the drivers side window, and gives Liam a kiss. She walks away, smiling to the ground. Liam drives away, giving me my chance. I park in the middle section, before quickly getting out.

I click my pen open, and watch as she pulls a paper from her bag. It must be a schedule because she keeps looking up and down, then back to a certain door.

She's heading for a classroom, and I decided to follow her still, keeping a great distance between us.

I need to know so much more.