"I'm serious,you know she called me today. On getting there, I met her mom there,my grandma.Hajiya mami scolded her and asked her to leave me to me alone with my life. Hajiya mami then ordered her not to interfere in my love life. So now we're going to your family now to pick a date for our wedding " he pulled me into a hug " I can't wait for you to be mine" he said.

I know this is a good news. And i'm happy but then Khalifa mom still doesn't like me. She was forced to accept me. Khalifa noticed my expression.

"Anu why are you like that. Aren't you happy about this ?".

" stop being silly. This is the best news I've heard so far but then again, your mom. She still doesn't like me" he sighed "my love don't worry. With time. She'll grow to love you. I promise you. Okay" I nodded "now gimme a kiss" I did as I was told

✨✨✨

Today,Khalifa's  family is coming to mine to formally ask for my hand in marriage and then we can pick a wedding date.

My mom has gone beyond imagination for this day, she knows how Khalifa's mom can be so she has done all her best so the woman doesn't complain. My dad invited his  brother to witness so he won't be the only one.

I got a text message from Khalifa telling me they'll  get here in less than 10  minutes. I went down to the kitchen where my mom was.
She was telling the house help Bose what to do.

"Mom they should be here in 10minutes" I informed.

"OK. I'm done here also. Go back to your room now and get dressed. You know how  Khalifa's mom is. " I rolled my eyes at the mention of her name.

"I hope Hell doesn't break lose. " I murmured quietly. "Did you say something?"  My mom asked " nope"I shook my head and went up to my former room.

I was already dressed, about to start applying make up when I heard noises downstairs. i think they are here but I wouldn't go down until I'm being called upon.
I heard someone knock on my door" come in" I said loud enough for the person to hear. The person came in and it turns out to be my younger cousin.

"Your husband's family is here. Big sis your husband is really cute" I smiled

"Let your daddy hear you say that" she rolled her eyes  "who cares. I'll be 18 in few month so I'm not a baby." I laughed.

"how many of them are here ?" I asked.

"Your husband, four women, and two men" she informed. I heard another knock. I said come in. Iseoluwa my youngest brother came in.

"Daddy asked me to tell you that they are here" he informed " Adeife already told me. What are they doing?" I asked

"Nothing. They were just introducing themselves....I'm out of here" he said leaving.

"Won't you continue your make up" Ife said.I totally forgot about that. I continued with the makeup. I didn't do anything too flashy.

Adeife left minutes ago. I sat alone in my room, nervously. I'm anxious about what is going on. I texted my brother to give me some info but he's  not replying my messages. I texted Khalifa also but he's not replying.

I heard a knock. I said come in and my Mon came in. "Anu oya let's go downstairs. Come and meet your husband's family".

"How far. Hope no  problem so far. How is khalifa's mom?" I asked.

"Ko si problem. And khalifa's mom.... Forget it. And be prepared his grandmother came also" she informed. My eyes almost pop out " its okay she's nice. Let's go" I stood up and followed my mom.

On getting to the living room. I greeted everyone . My dad and his younger brother , Inioluwa and my mom were present from my family. Khalifa's mom, his two elders sisters. Ameera and Ameena, Ameena's husband, an older man that I don't recognise and an older woman who I guess to be khalifa's  grandmother.

I glanced at Khalifa and saw him smiling at me I blushed. My dad spoke breaking interrupting me "Anuoluwapo my daughter. Do you recognise these people" My dad asked.

"Yes daddy I do" 

"Are you aware that they are here to ask for your hand in marriage "

"I know sir"

"So you're in support  of this "

"Yes daddy, i am "  I replied lowering my gaze

"Good, we want you to tell us what date you feel is convenient  for  you " 

"I'm  fine with any date you pick. "

"Both  families  feel August would be nice for the wedding. And your fiance's family would love us to Hausa ceremonies  also, I'm sure you're aware of  that.  How does  August sound, are you okay with that " my mom asked.  I knew I was going to have Hausa ceremonies also, we talked about that earlier

"Yes mom, August  is prefect " I said still with my heads down.

" Then we have a wedding to plan. Congratulations my dear" I stood up and greeted Khalifa's family formally.

Both family spoke.The men faced themselves while the ladies did the same. While later food was served we ate and talked about  other things. It was time for Khalifa to leave. We escorted them outside.

"We can't wait to have you in our family" Ameera said. And Ameera nodded. The hugged me and said their bye . their grandmother hugged me also and told me I could call her anytime if I need anything. I thanked her.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look today " Khalifa said when we we're alone. I blushed "Finally I get to have you all to myself. I can't wait. Six months to go . I love you baby " he kissed me "I love you too.

Khalifa mom didn't  say any thing to me. She gave me some kind of looks that had all the signs that she did doesn't lick me. I just hope for a miracle