90 - Meeting the In-Laws

Start from the beginning

Yulier ignored his groaning husband and invited Yulrir and Theo to come inside the mansion. Fenrir can only follow docilely from behind but still glares Theo from time to time. Reiya who was now walking beside his husband was trying her best not to laugh out loud.

.

.

.

The Bellaire main mansion looks quite simple from the outside but the entire interior is designed elegantly. A spacious tea room is situated in the middle of the mansion, the smell of jasmine flowers are emanating from it.

Theo comfortably sat beside Yulrir on a wide sofa while the others sat opposite to them. Small Seed, being a behaved child as always, sat at Yulrir's lap while looking at his grandparents with bright eyes. Completely opposite to them is a handsome-looking but frowning man whose glare is enough to melt the snow during the winter.

"So, Riri... is that child... your son?" Fenrir hurriedly asked, not waiting for anyone to settle down.

Yulrir smiled and nodded. "Indeed."

Fenrir almost lost it and was about to launch an attack again to the man sitting beside Yulrir but two slender hands had enveloped both of his arms.

"Goodness Fen, do you have eyes but not see? Even though Riri said that he was indeed his son, it doesn't mean that it should be biological. Did you seriously forget that Riri hasn't passed his mating age yet? His primordial yin is still intact." Yulier said hurriedly.

"..."

Hearing his wife statement, Fenrir started to calm down and his frowning face was now turning into an embarrassed one.

Fenrir shot Yulrir an 'explain-to-me' look while Reiya can't help but burst out laughing at her husband's face.

"..."

"Hahah--Ah Sorry... Please go ahead." Reiya covered her mouth while trying to regain her calm look.

"His name is Small Seed. We found him while we were excavating in the Ancient Realm. He might look like this but he is already a deity-level beast. You can say that he became my contracted beast, but I don't like that idea so I've adopted him as my son instead." Yulrir explained calmly. He felt bad half-lying and half-telling the truth to his family but it is what he could do at the moment. He won't dare to tell the truth about him being a reincarnated immortal to his parents right now. Call it selfish or cowardice but he is afraid that when he says the truth behind his past self, his family's way of thinking about him might change. Small Seed and Theo knew what was Yulrir is thinking right now and understood this matter.

Theo gripped Yulrir's hand visibly in front of Yulrir's parents and smiled. "No matter what Riri decides, I'll be more than happy to go with it." These words weren't directed to the matter that Yulrir had adopted Small Seed as his son but instead to the matter that Yulrir chose to not disclose the truth to his parents. Yulrir's eyes widened in surprise but this little act had made him relieved instantly. Truth to be told, he was complacent when Theo had never changed his affection and attitude towards him even though he knew the truth behind his past self.

The public display of affection had somehow made Fenrir's lips to twitch once again. Yulier can only shake her head and sigh. [What an overprotective father.]

Small Seed jumped out of Yulrir's lap and cutely waggled over his 'grandparents'. His first target was the frowning grandfather. With a 'pipa pipa' footstep sound, he successfully managed to glomp into Fenrir's lap. This act had immediately dispelled Fenrir's sour mood as he found himself looking directly at the bright eyes of the little boy. The bright golden colored eyes of the little boy really matched the eyes of his son, Yulrir.