58 - Theo's Lament

"His Majesty, it seems like the intelligence had affirmed that the report is true." A man wearing a silver armor said while bowing down.

In front of him is a middle-aged man wearing a blue robe heavily designed with different patterns. The man exudes an air of mightiness but at the same time, softness. The man is indeed the Serkoff Kingdom's current emperor.

The emperor looked at the silver-armored youth with wide brightened eyes and a smile is visible on his lips. "Can you tell me his last name?"

"It is Bellaire, his majesty. He came from a small clan from the far city of Plenoa." The silver-armored man responded in a polite voice.

The emperor nodded and put his right hand under his chin. "Indeed, it wasn't a distinguishable family. Can you tell me more about him?" 

"His full name is Yulrir Bellaire, 10 years and 3 months old. He reached sainthood 2 months ago. He is a core-disciple of the Golden Dragon Academy's Tower Master, Terra Guvienne. He is also a magician and his affinities are Water, Wind, and Metal. According to the report, He is an adept magician but not warrior. He bears the title of their academy's Interacademic Tournament Champion. There is also a report that he is currently now tied with Theo Mijazi, core disciple of the academy's headmaster. They are currently staying in the same room right now at the Mountain Haven Spring. Th---" 

"Halt. I would like to confirm, does this youth wears a black fox mask?" The emperor cut in.

The silver armored man gaped a bit but nodded. "Yes, His Majesty. The same as the report, it seems like he was wearing it ever since he was admitted to the academy. It is a black mask with white and red streaks on it." 

The emperor's eyes brightened and laughed. "It was indeed the Concealment mask!"

The silver armored man paused and looked at the emperor with a confused gaze. He didn't dare to ask as well but curious to find the reason behind the emperor's burst.

The emperor coughed as he was trying to adjust his demeanor and look at his confused subordinate. "The Concealment Mask was a divine artifact crafted by a mysterious assassin back on the War of Great Empire era. It was designed to alter one's aura and produce a 'beta' aura whoever wears it. It was said that the mysterious assassin back then had used it to conceal his aura being an alpha to have his prey to belittle and lower their guard on him. It was an underhanded technique but it is deemed an effective technique as he was later called the 'Black Masked Assassin'. It seems like his mask had mysteriously passed around and the value was degraded over the time." The emperor finished with a bitter laugh.

The silver armored man's mouth gaped open as he realized something. "Y-you mean His Majesty, Yulrir Bellaire might not be really a beta?"

The emperor nodded at his amused subordinate. "He might be or he might NOT be. He might be an alpha for he has a good aptitude for cultivation but we can't just assume it like that as his physique is far different from other Alphas."

"True... He had an unexplainable charm with him. He also had a calm temperament than us alphas." The silver armored man nodded in approval.

The emperor released a deep breath and looked at his subordinate with gentle eyes. "Investigate further and make sure to protect the youth from afar. He had so much potential, it'll be a waste if he was to perish before he matures. Also, his master is currently on the battlefront right now, I had promised to veil protection to her disciple in her absence. Also, have my son know about this and inform him to come here when he had time." 

The silver armored man nodded "I'll do whatever I can to carry your wish, Your Majesty." The man stood up and with a final salute, he turned and left the Emperor's Hall.