Chapter Twenty Three

Love Like Boomerang
Book Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Rose's POV
!Edited And Lightly Rewritten!
_____________________________

I knew I messed up, but never did I think things were going to blow up in my face like this.

Maybe I shouldn't have let Jayden back into my life... Things were fine before he came back...

I guess thinking that way is what got me into this mess in the first place... Being self righteous and deciding what's best for other people...

Jayden has every right to upset and to react the way he did. He should hate me and doesn't owe a second of his time. That's the painful truth.

It's been a week since Jayden found out that JJ is his son and left. It's been really hard... Everyday my family asks me if I've heard anything from Jayden and everyday I have to tell them no... But that's not even the worst part about this whole thing. The worst part about this is that JJ now asks for Jayden all the time. Apparently Jayden promised him to have a nerf gun fight last weekend but then the shit hit the fan and now we're here... In this damn mess. But the worst part is that my poor baby is partially aware of what's going on.
My baby loves Jayden already and has no idea that that's his daddy.

"You've been staring at that family for almost ten minutes," Josh said suddenly appearing next to me. He leaned on the counter, mimicking me  and watched me intently. "I'm sorry things didn't work out with Jayden."

I was at work trying my hardest to stay focused and do my job the best that I could but I found myself often disassociating against my own will. I was also hyper focused on beautiful family's that came in. I would gaze upon them longingly and my eyes and my face would begin to burn. I knew I looked a mess and probably a little creepy but a fresh wave of shame came over me from being caught by Josh.

I wiped my eyes and sniffled. "Jason told you?"

"No," Josh shook his head. "I can just tell. I know you, Rose... You're heartbroken. Just like the first time you guys split."

"I thought you didn't care...?" I narrowed my eyes at him since this is  the first official time he's spoken to me about something besides work.

"I'm a jerk. I know... But it was because I was hurt. It's not easy knowing the person you love, doesn't feel the same way about you..." He admitted.

I awed over his confession and felt even more guilty than I did before, if that's even possible. I had hurt two men that are extremely important to me... and I don't know how to fix any of it.

"But we're friends first... before anything... including my feelings for you... and I'm sorry that I let my anger affect our friendship."

"You're not just saying that because Jayden left?" I don't want to think of him as an opportunist and that he could manipulate me into having romantic feelings for him while I'm mentally vulnerable but I want to make sure anyway.

"No." He chuckled. "I know my place now and I just have to learn to be okay with that. It's Jayden... and it's always going to be Jayden..." Josh smiled sadly but there was an air of acceptance to his words.

"Yeah well... He's gone... He doesn't want anything to do with me or JJ," I fiddled with fingers to keep from anxiously biting my nails.

Josh chuckled again and shock his head as he watched the same family I was watching eat their food.

I looked at him then and arched an eyebrow. "What?"

What exactly is so funny?

"That man... loves you too much to ever let you go without a fight. He just needs his space right now. He'll be back... and when he does... don't let him go, okay?"