Chapter Five

Love Like Boomerang
Book Two
Chapter Five
Jayden's POV
!Edited And Lightly Rewritten!
__________________________

Too far. This has gone too far.

Standing in my destroyed house, I feel nothing, nothing because I'm numb these days. Nothing because if I allow myself to feel anything in this moment, I am afraid of what I might do.

So I just stand here. Looking at my destroyed house.

Every window in my house was shattered. All my furniture, ruined beyond repair, cut up and slashed in multiple places. All my clothes were ripped and cut up into pieces and were scattered throughout the house. The water in the sinks and bathtubs were left running, causing an insane amount of water damage. Holes in all of the walls... There were several images of penis's spray painted on the walls and I just... couldn't do anything but stare at the disaster that is now my house.

There wasn't an inch that wasn't damaged, therefore there was absolutely nothing salvageable.   Absolutely nothing...

I stomped my way to the kitchen to turn the running water from the sink off. The pool of water completely drenched my shoes and feet.

After turning off all the running water in the house I stood in my kitchen just to look at everything. Thats when something on the counter caught my attention.

A half burnt picture of me and Emily.

The Bitch destroyed my house...

________________________

After filing a police report and making all the necessary calls to my insurance company, I went over to Eddy's house.

"I'll just stay at a hotel," I told Eddy and Mike as we sat in Eddy's living room.

"Fuck a hotel. You can stay here," Eddy told me.

"Or at my house," Mike chimed in.

"No offense guys, but I'm not sleeping on your couch."

"So you gonna waste your money at some funky ass hotel?" Eddy scrunched up his face in confusion.

"I'm not wasting my money and I'm not staying at a funky hotel."

I wanted to laugh at his choice of words, but I wasn't really in the mood.

"That's that spoiled rich boy shit I was talking about the other day. Yo' ass spoiled. Got no where to go. Give yo' ass a couch to sleep on but no... You too good to sleep on couches?" Mike teased.

"Shut up," I shook my head at him. "It's not like that."

"Then what's it like then?" Mike asked.

"You both have kids. Y'all both have families. I'd be in the way. I don't wanna impose."

"Either way, staying at a hotel while two of your closet friends are offering you a place to stay, is stupid," Mike stubbornly said.

"It's only for a few days, or until I find some place to rent."

"Why though?" Eddy asked.

"Why what?"

"Why would you go through all of this when you already have a whole house that's yours?" When I didn't answer him, he gave me a serious look. "You know what I mean bro."

I did know what he meant. I knew very well what he meant
I didn't know how to respond to it though.

"Go back home..." I mumbled more so to myself.