Chapter Thirty one

!!!OLD ENDING!!!
!!!READ AT OWN RISK!!!

TWO YEARS LATER

--

It was a beautiful summer day. The kind of day where everyone wants to be outside and enjoy the gentle sun rays.

I sat in my back yard and watched all the amazing people who I loved so much, laughing, smiling, playing, and relaxing. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with happiness.

These last few years have been amazing... I don't think I've ever been this grateful or at peace with my life.

It was Jay's birthday party. He turned five today. He'll also be starting school in two weeks. Every time I thought about my baby going to school, my heart would skip a beat and I'd start crying... Not to worry though, Carmen, my daughter wouldn't start school for for a while seeing as she's just a baby. I am perfectly okay with that.

Having two kids is great... Stressful, but great nonetheless. Jayden and I got pregnant with Carmen not too long after Sky and Jason got married. It wasn't planned but it was welcomed.

I didn't run this time, though I could still see the fear in Jayden's eyes. He would tell me that he trusted me but I knew he was still worried about me. He had battle wounds from our relationship and I hated that I was the cause of it. We got married right after I had Carmen six months ago.

At first I thought that maybe we should wait a few years but after careful consideration, we just decided that waiting didn't make any sense to us. We loved each other and nothing would ever change that. It was a simple courthouse wedding and we were perfectly fine with that.

I love my little family with every inch of my soul and I thank God everyday for them.

Sky and Jason had a beautiful baby girl too. They announced their pregnancy during their wedding reception. I cried like a baby at the news. It was an amazing experience to be pregnant at the same time as your best friend. I was officially an aunt to the most adorable little girl, Elizabeth and I loved it.

My baby sister and brother were six years old now too and I know my mom wished they'd stop growing up so fast. She says so every time I speak to her.

Once I slowed down and realized that the best thing to ever happen to me was right in front of my face the whole time... My life wasn't so bad after all..

It's funny how things work out... how children can bring a family together in it's most desperate and troubled moments.

I only hope that the next generation will behave better than we did.

----

The End.

--------------------

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY. I KNOW MY UPDATES WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT.

HONESTLY, MY LIFE HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE... 🙄 SO ITS BEEN A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO KEEP UP WITH THE STORY.

SORRY IF THE ENDING SUCKED TOO... I've BEEN AWAY FROM THE STORY LONG ENOUGH AND I DIDNT WANT TO DRAG IT OUT ANYMORE THAN I ALREADY DID.

I ALWAYS TRY TO GIVE 100% OF MYSELF IN EACH STORY BUT LIFE GETS IN THE WAY OF THAT SOMETIMES, YA KNOW?🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

But ANYWAYS.... THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE CONSISTENT SUPPORT.

I LOVED ALL THE COMMENTS AND YALL POV'S ON THE STORYLINE.

I KINDA WANTED TO STRESS THE POINT ON THE WAY SOME YOUNG WOMEN THINK. I HAD COUPLE OF PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS WITH SOME TEEN MOMS, YOUNG AND OLDER WOMEN ABOUT THEIR LIFE EXPERIENCES AND KINDA GOT THE INSPO FROM THERE.

I DONT THINK THERE WAS ONE specific MESSAGE IN THIS STORY, BUT MULTIPLE.

1, IF A MAN WANTS TO BE A FATHER TO HIS CHILD, LET HIM! NO MATTER THE circumstances OR HOW YOU FEEL TOWARDS HIM. THE CHILD MATTERS MORE THAN YOUR FEELINGS. PERIOD.

2,  IF YOUR GROWN ENOUGH TO LAY DOWN AND MAKE THE BABY, YOU NEED TO BE GROWN ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF IT, AND THAT MEANS DOING THINGS YOU REALLY DONT WANT TO DO.

3, DON'T RUN FROM YOUR PROBLEMS. RUNNING FROM THEM WONT SOLVE ANYTHING. LIFE SUCKS SOMETIMES BUT WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY THE CARDS WE WERE GIVEN. SEEK HELP IF YOU NEED IT. DONT LET PRIDE GET IN YOUR WAY OF YOUR SELF PEACE.

4, FOR THE TEENS,

PLEASE USE PROTECTION IF you're SEXUALLY ACTIVE. I MYSELF WAS A TEEN MOM AND THOUGH I DONT WISH MY DAUGHTER AWAY, I WISH I WAS MORE RESPONSIBLE WITH MY FLOWER.

THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS. TAKE CARE OF YOU FIRST! THEN HAVE A BABY💜

Enough of my chatting...

Thank you guys again for the support. I love you💜 Wishing you all Peace and Love💛💞☮☯