Chapter Six

Love Like Boomerang
Book Two
Chapter Six
Jayden's POV & Rose's POV
!Edited And Lightly Rewritten!
____________________________

I didn't know what I would feel when I finally entered the town of Camp Hill but dread was not what I expected. There wasn't a once of excitement, happiness or peace like I hoped for. But dread and anxiety for the unknown. I also was tired. I'd driven all night just to get here and I already wanted to turn around and go back to New York, back to what's familiar.

I parked my car in the driveway of my house. The grass was higher than I'd ever seen it. I forgot to call my guy the cuts the grass for me every summer. The paint seemed a bit faded and the bushes also needed trimming, not mention the porch and steps needed a good scrub. I opened the gate and it made an annoying squeaking sound. One more thing I'd have to fix... Stepping onto the porch, I noticed tons of mail and newspapers in a huge pile.

I forgot to stop some of my mail from coming here... Bills were paperless now.

Unlocking the door with the key I never removed from my keychain, I entered the familiar home. The smell of dust immediately disturbed my nose. The sunlight spilled through the expensive curtains highlighting parts of the room. I flicked the lights on and Immediately noticed something utterly unpleasant. My house was a mess. It wasn't as bad as the one in New York but pretty damn close. Only this time, I'm the one responsible for the damage. I had destroyed the house in a fit of anger when I realized that Rose wasn't coming to me.

How could I have forgotten about this? I gotta be the biggest fucking idiot on this planet.

I roamed around the house, hoping that my room would at least be okay. The bed was intact, but that was it... It was like I took a sledgehammer to everything... Maybe that's what I did... I blacked out at point. I don't remember.

Needing some air, I decided to go back outside and sit on the porch.

I came back here for nothing... What are the odds that I would have two houses that are a complete disaster at the same time?

What the hell do I do?

I sighed and looked up at the sky. It seemed really unfair that the sky was so blue and beautiful while I felt like that this.

I'd felt lost for many years now. This was a punishment. A repercussion of my behavior for the last few years. I'd been a dick. A mean drunk to everyone... There are consequences to every foul action and this was mine. My karma...

My phone rang then and Eddy's name flashed on the screen. I answered it with a somber, "Yo."

"You there?" He asked over the roar of an engine in the background.

"Yup," unfortunately.

"You got there in good time. How's the house?"

"I fucked up..." Was all I could say as I hung my head.

"What chu' mean?"

"I mean I fucked up the house... I can't stay here..."

"Damn... I mean how bad is it?"

"Bad... real bad..."

"Damn..." Eddy was quiet for a moment. "So fix it."

"What? I can't..."

"Why not? You have the money. What's the problem?"

"If I wanted to live in a construction site I would've stayed out there."

"True, but what your options. Sell your properties as is and pray you even get half of what their value? Then what? You still need a place to live. You could come back to the city and be miserable or you can stay out there where you really wanna be and make some kind of life for yourself."