3.2

"I don't think we've ever showered together." Calum commented as Michael stepped into the shower with him; running water warm over their exposed bodies.

"Yeah, we have." Michael replied, watching Calum grab the bar of soap. "Many times."

"When?" Calum grabbed a sponge.

"When we're giving after-care."

"I meant us alone together. No one else." Calum explained, running the soapy sponge over Michael's torso.

"Oh. No, we haven't."

Calum smoothed the soap up over the male's shoulders, washing his skin with suds. He smiled, cheekily amused. "Why're you blushing, babe?"

Michael shook his head, pressing his hands against his cheeks briefly with a groan of sheepish embarrassment.
He'd never had Calum alone like this, which was weird given they'd been together for so long. And, really, he didn't mind showering with more than one person when it came to his boyfriends.

But still. He was allowed to soak up Calum's attention now, wasn't he?

Calum chuckled quietly, gently pushing Michael to step into the water as he washed the soap off of his body.

They were quiet for a while, nothing but the sound of running water as Calum smoothed shampoo through Michael's hair; gentle fingers massaging his scalp and giving him all the more reason to relax.

"Are you alright?" Calum questioned, giving Michael a concerned look as he started washing the shampoo out.

"Yeah just... just thinking." Michael confessed, unsure of hope to voice his worries.

"About what?"

"I dunno... Ashton, I guess."

"He seems to be heavily on your mind." Calum commented, coaxing the conversation out of the male as he palmed conditioner through Michael's hair.

"It's nothing, really." Michael sighed in content, briefly fluttering his eyes closed as he let the feeling of Calum's fingers massage against his scalp. "Oh, that feels so nice."

Calum smiled, continuing to massage his fingers through the faded brown hair. "So what did you three get up to while I was away?"

"Ashton went back to work." Michael replied, closing his eyes so as not to to get soap in them as the conditioner was washed from his hair. "Luke kinda spent his time looking after me, but he got annoyed after a while so Ashton tried to step in."

"Annoyed?"

"I kept wanting to see you." Michael fluttered his eyes open, instantly being met with Calum's soft brown gaze. "I wanted to hear your story... I wanted to fix what was broken."

He sighed, ashamed. "It was like I couldn't function without you. I... I don't want that ever again."

"And it won't happen ever again." Calum insisted, cupping his hands to Michael's face. "I love you too much to let that happen."