2.2

Michael sighed, sitting on the edge of his and Calum's bed; engulfed by the room's silence whilst he listened to the distant sounds of a happy morning in the kitchen.

His eyes travelled to Calum's phone that he held in his hands, reading through text messages with a woman called Janet.
Each message seemed suspicious, but if it had only been suspicious then Michael would've had no trouble confronting Calum about it.
But as he read through each message he began to connect dots he wished he hadn't.

Each time Calum had to work late he had made plans with this Janet woman, and there was no other explanation Michael could come up with—both creatively and legitimately—that could give him full faith in Calum's antics.
Everything pointed to an affair, which was the main reason he refused to go and join the others in celebrating the gifts they'd been given.

Excessive gift giving was a trait of a cheater.

He sighed, switching off Calum's phone and gently placing it back down on the bedside table. A few moments later and the bedroom door was pushed open quietly, as though trying not to wake Michael should he still be asleep.

"Mikey?" Ashton's concerned voice broke the tense silence in the room as the door shut behind him.

"Are you okay?" Ashton gingerly asked, coming around the bed and towards the male. "Cally made us breakfast... He bought gifts too."

"Uh thanks. I'll, um, I'll be there in a lil' bit." Michael gave a muttered response. "Just waking up."

Ashton frowned in disbelief and sat down next to him. "Is something wrong?"

Michael shook his head, conjuring up the best smile he could and wrapping an arm around Ashton. "Absolutely not, I'm just tired is all. Rough sleep."

Ashton studied his expression for a moment before reluctantly dismissing it. "Oh... Alright." He beamed. "Did you wanna come see what he bought? I saved some cake and donuts for you."

"I'll be there in a minute." Michael said, standing up. "Just gonna get changed first."

Ashton nodded, agreeing with Michael's statement and getting up. "I'll make you a plate of food ready!"

Michael smiled, letting the slightly shorter male kiss his cheek before running off to go pile a plate full of sweets for Michael to eat once he joined the rest of the house.

He couldn't tell Ashton about Calum's endeavours, and at this rate he wasn't planning on telling Luke either. Instead, he supposed going to the problem directly would be a much better decision; though he was sure doing so would cause some kind of drama that would take ages to get through.

He didn't really have a choice.
Would he want to stay with someone who couldn't be faithful to him? Was it worth the silence?

~ ~ 💀 ~ ~
🐌