0.1

♡~I don't have daddy issues. My dad was never around long enough to give me any~♡

~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Calum hummed a quiet tune, the sound smooth and soft as he calmly brushed through Ashton's hair.

He sat on the floor, his back against the edge of the bed, dark pink bedsheets decorated with love hearts to show it was definitely Ashton's bedroom.

The smaller male sat in front of him, legs crossed and hands playing with his favorite rag-doll.
He called her Poppy, and she had scraggly red hair with bold brown eyes and a cute little blue dress.

The twenty-six-year-old had so many stuffed toys Calun swore he'd be a millionaire if he got his money refunded for every single one.

Ashton loved Poppy because she was like a mixture of all three of his beloved boyfriends.

She had brown eyes like Calum; ones that were soft and soothing yet bold and strong.
She had a blue dress just like Luke's favourite dress; all pretty and sweet.
And her red hair was just like Michael's dyed colour; buoyant and fierce yet still tender and calming.

Ashton giggled, feeling the comb gently tug out a knot in his hair. He loved having Calum brush his hair for him, it was a moment of serenity he was able to relax into.
He felt the safest when Calum was brushing his hair or helping him get dressed—Or helping him do anything really.
No one had ever done things like that for him, not even when he was younger.

"Daddy?" Ashton furrowed his eyebrows in sudden confusion.

Calum gave a slight hum, telling him he was listening and encouraging Ashton to speak.

"Why does SpongeBob live in a pineapple?" Calum chuckled, amused as Ashton continued. "Wouldn't the pineapple go all gooey and yuck?"

"It's a magical pineapple, love." Calum replied, having gotten used to making quick and believable responses to somewhat silly (but cute) questions.

"Is SpongeBob magical?"

"Yes." He replied and Ashton giggled. Calum smiled with amusement. "What's so funny, princess?"

"You're magical too." Ashton let out another giggle, tilting his head back to look up at the twenty-four-year-old behind him.

"Am I now?" Calum stopped combing the boy's hair, unable to continue while Ashton's head leaned back against his chest.

"Mmhm." Ashton smiled, lips curling up into a cheeky grin. He wrapped Calum's hands around his waist and interlocked their fingers together; engulfing himself into Calum's presence.

Looking down, he mindlessly fiddled with the brunet's fingers only to gasp in sudden wonder and pull one of Calum's hands up. He pressed their palms together, eyes wide, "Your hands are bigger than mine!"

"You're smaller than me, princess." Calum explained.

"Would you love me if I was big?" Ashton harmlessly asked.

"With all of my heart, baby." Calum mused, hugging Ashton properly back against his chest.

Ashton grinned, "I love you."

He kissed his cheek, giving him a silent 'I love you too' in return.

~~ ❤❤ ~~

bit of sweetness to start off the story