Chapter 23: Healing...yet

One Saturday afternoon, Markus, Dave, and Cassandra went to the mall to buy some stuff for their summer vacation. They usually spend it together at their secret base they built since they're in 3rd grade.

The SeaMall. It was the biggest supermarket in the city of Aurum. It was home to different stores and boutiques that sell all stuff available in production. It has cafes, spas, gyms, department stores, and every store you can think of. Its land area consists of the whole block in Zone 10 and a floor area of an eighth of the city of Aurum when you combine all 13 floors of the building. It is circular in shape and stores are built like honeycombs with hallways spiraling the center. It is called the SeaMall because the greenish ocean is found behind it and you can see it from anywhere inside the mall.

"Hey, Cass..." Dave grabbed Cassandra's sleeve.

"What?!" She raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't here where he played the ROA game." Dave looked at Markus who's looking at the LCD screen flashing an ascending of a rocket ship to space. "Is he going to be alright?"

"That is why we entered from the south entrance to avoid the atrium. We can find a lot of things in this side as well, right?" Cassandra replied and went to Markus to grab his wrist. "Let's go up there!" she pointed at the 4th floor.

When they approached the escalator, Markus saw a familiar face in the crowd.

"Yo!" the man said waving his hand.

He wore his usual Hawaiian polo top with a white undershirt. This time, he wore shades, a pair of trousers, and Spartan-like sandals. "What are you doing here, Marky?" he asked. "Are they your friends?"

"Oh, Mr. Kou? Long time no see, how have you been?" Markus replied casually.

"Who's that, Marky?" Cassandra whispered as she leans towards his shoulder.

"This is Mr. Kou, the one I mentioned who gave me those boxes of cookies," he replied. "You ate it with me right?"

"Ehhh,,, do you have more, ol' man?" Dave asked with glittering eyes, stepping in front to be noticed.

"Are they your best friends, Marky?" Kou asked.

"Ahh,,, quite so..." he bluntly answered.

"What's the meaning of that "QUITE SO", huh, Marky?" Cassandra eyed him, putting a notorious glare, gesturing a fist.

"Ahh... hehe...it's nothing, I mean, I'm sorry, Cassy. That's not what I meant." He reluctantly answered feigning a smile and looking away.

"Ohh,, that's scary... you made Mom angry there, Marky..." Dave mockingly said and laughed under his breath.

"I didn't mean it, swear..." the two became pale-looking while they stare at Cassandra getting mad.

"Now that you mentioned..." the Man interrupted "I still have cookies on my car, I just bought some yesterday from my trip to Luna and haven't eaten it yet.. would you like to have some? I'll just get them from the parking, it's in my car." He added. "Can you wait for a minute?"

"HAI!" Dave said with a glimmering sparkle on his eyes "Please do."

"You're hopeless, Davey," Markus said while poking his friend and wearing a poker face. "But, is that okay, Mr. Kou?"

"Ahh, don't worry, I don't really have a sweet tooth though I was fun of buying sweets. I'll just go get it from my car at the parking space. You wait here, okay?"

"Hai!" Markus and Dave said in chorus.

Reiko turned his back and went his way to the parking lot to get the cookies as he promised.