Chapter 1: The Stronghold

"Is there anyone else we can ask for help?..."

"...Are we really out of options?...."

"This is bad...really bad. We're here at the top place for these kinds of threats but we can't even move a finger? If you can't, Who else can do it?"

"We need somebody to find a way!"

Hearts beating in despair; worlds are slowly turning apart but... 

"Don't worry, I'll bring him right away. I'm sure he'll be the best man for it."

He was brought into a facility without any word from the people who fetch him from East Aurum Middle School.

A few minutes ago, he thought it was just a normal after school day.

He was wearing his white school uniform with unbuttoned polo top viewing his undershirt with a Sponge Bob print. His backpack hang on his left shoulder and headphones lie on top of his head. Sweat ran down on his forehead after running from the canteen to get a piece of sandwich he wanted. His dark blue eyes shine in the light of the mid-afternoon dark blue sky.

"I wonder if the tournament would go wild like last year." He giggled as he walk past the lobby and reached the gate of the school. "I can't wait to log in--"

He opened his snack and was eating his pimiento sandwich while stepping down the stairs when he saw the two men in Black, standing with crossed arms in front of the exit and scaring whoever passes by, came to greet him.

He hesitantly placed his foot on the last step of the stairs.

This looks like a mafia scene, tho I'm not a mafia boss or something. He thought while staring at them.

"Yo!" he raised his sandwich and smiled weakly. His brows danced like grasses kissing the wind. "What's the matter?"

"Please get in the car." One of the two commanded while he opened the door of their automobile using a button from his breast pocket. The door on the side of the car open upwards revealing the classic car seats with black tinted windows.

"O... Kay..." he said.

He was chilled and broke a cold sweat but he followed them and came inside the mobile.

He sat silently on the left side of the backseat and observed. He tried to analyse his situation and looked around the car. He saw lights that dance on the tinted window showing graphics like ads and movie clips depending on how you set it with the controller hanging on the driver's seat.

Not a clue, huh. He muttered in his head.

He hasn't have any word from them. He tried to ask again what was happening but he was refused to get the answers.

This is getting shady. He thought.

He looked outside the car and saw the scenes changed from the sub-urban city view to the mega city area.

I kinda feel I'm in a big trouble. He stared at the sky and saw clouds starting to form.

A few minutes later, they arrived on that big facility in the middle of the city. He hasn't been there since his Grade school field trip so now he suddenly felt nostalgic breathing the same air back then. Well, he remembered going there to explore the public facilities of the big building where guests/visitors were able to venture and manipulate some hands-on computing stuffs but apparently he hasn't experienced them head-on. It is the place where anyone would like to place themselves to work in and secure their future--- The ORION.