Chapter 34: The Black Night

A few minutes ago

Dave threw the cable on the pole on Markus' window. The rope tangled itself with the hook and Ned tied the other end on the railing on his attic window. Cassandra fixed her harness and was ready to ride the cable to reach Markus's room. On the other hand, Dave was totally shaking as Ned helped him fix his harness.

"Ready?" Cassandra asked. She hopped to the window and readied to zip.

"Wait, I'm not ready yet..." Dave replied holding his harness clamped on the cable wire. "I guess I can't do it."

"Ja, I'm going!" Cassandra jumped and zipped silently to the next side.

"I said wait!,, Cassandra..." Dave whispered in a raspy voice as if he's making his shout a whisper.

"Don't act like a baby... that's what Cassandra is gesturing from Marky's room. So, I guess you have to go too, Davey." Ned said. He brought Dave to the edge of the window.

"What are you trying to do? What are you saying, uncle Ned?" Dave asked facing him from his position.

"Nothing... but, you're taking too long so you have to..." Ned pushed him saying, "Just go.!" and the next thing he knew, he was already in the balcony.

...

"I understand what you're trying to say, but can't you see, we're here...at Marky's room..." Cassandra whispered. She opened the window and took a step inside the darkened room. "Let's start finding it, Davey."

"Hai.. ja...where... where art thou... where are you ....Flash drive where are you?" Dave crawled on the floor and searched for the flash drive. "Oh!" he exclaimed. "I found something!"

"The flash drive?" Cassandra excitedly replied.

"No."

Cassy frowned though she knew Dave won't see it in the darkness. They can't turn the lights on since the Androids are lurking inside and outside the house. All they relied on light is the bright moon hanging on the violet night sky.

"Then what is it?!" Cassy said in an irritated tone.

Dave flipped the switched on the little thing he found and pointed it right on Cassandra's face and to his surprise, his friend is frowning.

"That scared me, Cass..." Dave said, holding his chest.

"You could have just turned it on without telling me." Cassandra punched him on the shoulder. "Ja, find the flash drive now."

"I just hope the Androids will not notice our flashlight."

They raided Markus' room in search of the flash drive. He said it was his weapon to end this whole game, the Phantom Algorithm. They searched for it and turned his room upside-down, in the most silent way they know how. They barged in through the window using the "Ninja" style as Dave called it.

"We have to hurry, Dave. Marky needs us and we don't have time. This is the only way we can help him in this farce..." Cassandra murmured.

"I know, that's why I'm searching like my life's on the line," Dave answered but he made his way to the door and tried to see what's outside.

"Our lives are literally on the line, Dave..." Cassandra opened the drawer she found under Markus's bed, beneath the bedsheet. "Eureka!, I found it!" Cassandra raised the flash drive, showing it to Dave.

"I expect no less from you, Cassy! Ja, let's go!" Dave said slowly closing the door. "...they are coming upstairs.."

"What? We're on a pinch... we must hurry!" Cassandra exclaimed and went straight to the window in the balcony. "Where's the rope?" she looked around