17

Your POV

Cam❤️:
hey. can i come over?

I read the message over a few times, getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Camila never uses punctuation so I knew this was serious.

Y/n/n😍:
Yea, sure. Is everything okay?

Cam❤️:
be there in 10

"Dinah?" I called out as I walked to the girl's room.

"What's up?" She asked when I entered.

I didn't say anything, just handed her my phone.

"She just ignored your question."

"I know," I stated.

"Drop her," Dinah joked.

"Dinah, this is serious," I said, making the girl sigh.

"I don't know what to say, Y/n. She's gonna be here in five minutes, so I'll leave you two alone," Dinah said, grabbing her keys.

"Dinah, do not leave me here alone," I told her as she tried to walk around me.

"Y/n, you need to do this on your own," she said, patting my shoulder before leaving the house.

"But I don't even know what this is about..." I mumbled to myself as I heard a knock on the door.

My heart started racing as I walked over to the front door and took a deep breath before opening it.

When I opened it I saw Camila standing there twiddling her thumbs and rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Hey," I said, watching her nod and force a smile as she walked past me.

"Okay, stop. What's going on?" I asked, following her as she walked to the living room.

"Am I not doing enough?" She asked suddenly.

"What?"

"I've been trying really hard to get you to see something in me, and I feel like we haven't gone anywhere. We've been hanging out and acting like a couple for months. We've been on a few dates. I've really been trying here, Y/n," she rambled.

"I really want to show you the world. I want to show you how much better I can treat you. I want to give you what you deserve."

"Camila, where-"

"One chance. I just need one chance. I won't fuck it up I promise," she said, grabbing my hands.

"Camila-"

"Please, Y/n. Let me-"

"Camila, stop interrupting me," I said, making her stop talking.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"What do you mean you don't feel like we've been going anywhere? I thought we were doing good," I told her, feeling a little disappointed that she felt that way.

"I don't know. I just feel like we've been stuck in this loop where we act like a couple but it gets weird when us really being a couple gets brought up. Like when Dinah tells us to date and you get embarrassed," she told me.

"I don't get embarrassed when Dinah tells us that, and I don't think the thought of us dating is weird. I just didn't know if we were rushing this," I explained, making her eyes soften.

"I don't think we are," she told me. "Do you?"

I thought about her question for a second.

"No," I answered confidently.

That was the first time I've been able to answer that question confidently. For the first time in months my feelings for the other girl were crystal clear.

"Then what are you waiting for?" She asked.

"You," I told her. "I was waiting for you to be ready."

"Well, I'm ready," she answered back.

"Well, so am I."

"Good."

"Good."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"That was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be," she said, making me realize what just happened.

I blushed as she leaned forward and kissed my lips gently.

"How long has this been on your mind?" I asked her when we pulled back.

"Weeks," she admitted.

"Why didn't you say something about it?"

"I didn't want to pressure you into anything. I know you're trying to get over Lauren, and I want to respect that, but I also just wanted to make you mine," she said, making my heart flutter at her word choice.

"I don't want anyone snatching you up."

I laughed at her comment as she pulled me closer to her body.

"You wouldn't have had to worry about that. I promise," I told her, pecking her lips. "Even if I wasn't officially yours, I was still yours."

She smiled at my words as she rested her hands on my hips.

"Yea, you are," she said, leaning forward and attaching our lips again.

"Fucking finally," Dinah said from behind us, making us pull apart quickly.

"How long have you been standing there listening?" I asked her.

"I never left," she told me in an obvious tone as she put her car keys down.

"Wow," I mumbled as I felt Camila hug me from behind and kiss my neck.

"Glad to know you finally got the balls the ask her, Cabello," Dinah teased as she sat down on the couch.

"Shut up," Camila laughed, pulling me into her lap as she sat down.

"Speaking of balls..." Dinah trailed off, looking between the two of us.

"Yes, I told her," Camila rolled her eyes.

"Good. Now I can make dick jokes and not have to worry about exposing you."

"I'd rather it if you didn't do that."

"Too bad, because I'm still going to," Dinah winked as she stood up and left the living room with a salute.

"She's so annoying," Camila said with a giggle as she pulled me farther onto her lap.

"You love her," I said, turning so that I was straddling her lap.

"Sadly," she said, leaning forward and kissing me gently.