10

Your POV

Camila:
hey. haven't heard from u for a couple days now. everything ok?

I stared at the message on my lock screen as I wiped my eyes.

It'd been a week since Camila and I hung out. We texted back and forth for a while but I hadn't talked to her for the past two days.

I had been seeing nothing but pictures of Lauren and Ty all over the internet, so I decided to stay off my phone.

I couldn't believe how fast she had moved on and everything was really hitting me.

I had been in my room bundled up in blankets as often as possible.

Dinah continued to try to get me out of bed, but I couldn't find any motivation to do so.

I pushed my phone away, shoving my face into my pillow as I heard it go off again.

Minutes later there was a knock on my door.

I heard it open slightly, to which I still didn't move, assuming it was Dinah.

I felt the bed dip and an arm circle my waist and pull me into whoever it was.

I looked up when I realized it wasn't Dinah, only to be met with a pair of big brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

I shook my head, not wanting to talk with my shaky voice.

"It's going to get better," she said, kissing my forehead as I dug my face into her neck.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you," I mumbled as she rubbed my back.

"It's okay. You needed time. I understand," she said.

"How long have you been in bed?" She asked as I looked at the clock to see it was four in the afternoon.

"All day," I mumbled.

"Get dressed," she said, lifting my hands to pull me up.

"Why?" I asked, not really having the motivation to dress myself.

"I want to cheer you up. In order for me to do that you need to be dressed," Camila explained as she began picking out an outfit for me.

"Wear this," she said with a smirk, handing me a black crop top.

"Why?"

"It probably looks amazing on you," she said, looking me up and down before handing me a pair of jeans. "And these will show off your legs."

"Why are you trying to make me look hot?" I asked with a slight smile.

"So I have an excuse to stare at you."

I blushed slightly, looking away so she wouldn't catch it.

"I'll let you get dressed," she said, winking at me before she left the room.

I just shook my head and began putting on the outfit she picked out.

After getting dressed I walked out of my room, seeing Camila sitting on the couch.

"Woah," she said when she looked up at me.

"Stop," I mumbled with a small smile as she approached me. "How'd you even get in the house? Where's Dinah?"

"Dinah texted me this morning and told me that you were having a rough week. I assumed that's why you ghosted me," she said as she grabbed my hands.

"She asked me to come over and see if I could get you out of bed. She left me a key since she's at the studio," Camila explained as she pulled me closer.

"Where are we going?" I asked, leaning my head on her shoulder and immediately feeling comforted.

"You'll see," she told me, rubbing my back a bit before she guided me out to her car.

"Are you really not going to tell me?" I asked her when she started driving.

She just smiled and reached across the console to hold my hand as music lightly played over the radio.

Twenty minutes later she parked the car and I looked around, trying to figure out where we were at.

We were in the middle of nowhere.

"Camila, is this your secret plot to kill me?" I asked her, making her laugh.

"Nah. If I wanted to kill you I would've done it already," she joked as we both got out of the car. "This is my secret plot to take you on a picnic."

"A picnic?"

"Yup," she smiled, pulling a picnic basket out of the back seat before she walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"Where are we?" I asked her as she led me uphill and I realized we were hiking up the side of a mountain.

"To be honest I don't really know what this place is called, but it has a great view," she explained as we approached an overlook where we could see part of Los Angeles.

"It's so pretty," I said before we sat down under a tree.

"Hope you like sandwiches," she smiled, pulling out the pre-made food.

"I love sandwiches."