9.

Nikki's POV

A day passed since I've seen Carly like that, I decided to stay with her, she kept objecting, saying that she knows I wanna leave and she wouldn't blame me.

I never realized how sad she is, I knew she had anxiety, but I didn't know she was like this. She opened up to me that she has bipolar depression, she's had it for years.

"Carly?" I spoke softly, nudging her from her sleeping position. She rolled over and looked at me. "Hm?" She murmured. "Time to get up and eat," I said. "Not hungry." She mumbled and pulled the blankets over her head. "No, I know you are. Up." I said, pulling the blanket off of her. She shivered when the blankets flew off of her.

The phone started to ring before I could do anything else, I walked over to her phone in the living room and picked up. "Hello?" I answered. "Who's this?" A man's voice replied. "Um, I'm Nikki, I'm just answering the phone for Carly." I replied. "Put Carly on the phone, it's her Father," he replied. I brought the phone down and placed my hand over it. "Carly, your Father's on the phone!" I called. Almost instantly, I heard running footsteps. Carly up to me. "My Dad?" She asked, happily. I smiled and nodded, handing her the phone.

"Hi, Dad." She said, cheerfully. I smiled and walked into the kitchen to start making her something to eat. "How are you-Oh? Is that why you're calling?" Her voice wasn't as cheerful. "Dad, I can barely pay for my little house, I don't have any money to spare, I'm so-" She stopped talking. "I'm sorry, Dad." She said, sadly. "You know I would help if I cou-" She stopped again. "Please don't yell at me," she spoke, her voice shaking. "You know I would help you if I could-" "What about Nikki?" I raised my eyebrows. "He's not my boyfriend, he's.." She trailed off. "I don't know what he is." She said, more to herself. "Oh my god, no!" She exclaimed.

I started to walk back into the living room. "Don't call me that!" Carly's voice shook, she's on the verge of tears. I don't know what he's saying to her but, I'm getting angrier by the second. "You know what Dad? I've always loved you, even when you gave me every reason not to, but I can't do this anymore! I don't want you to call here or see me ever again!" Carly cried. I walked up and started to rub her back. "You take advantage of how much I love you and I'm sick of it! Leave me alone!" She slammed the phone down.

"That was a very brave thing you did, babe," I said. She turned and looked at me. "I can't believe I said that to him." She wiped away her tears. "Does your Dad call often and ask for money?" I asked her. She nodded. "Or he comes and knocks on my door, piss drunk, and asks for money." She said. She shook her head. "Let's not talk about him," she said. "What are you gonna make for dinner?" She asked.

"Oh, nooow you wanna eat." I chuckled, walking into her kitchen. "Yes, I wanna know if you're a good cook or not," I heard her voice behind me.

"What do you want me to make?" I asked her, leaning against her counter. She thought about it for a sec. "I dunno. I'm a picky eater, can we just have beef ramen noodles?" She asked. "That's not cooking!" I laughed. "That's what I like!" She replied, laughing. "It'll taste better if you make it," she smiled.

I smiled and got out a pot and put some water into it. I want to know more about Carly, she is so closed off. She doesn't talk about her feelings, but I don't wanna leave or give up on her. She's special, she makes me happy. Being here with her, it's all I need. I just want her to feel the same way about me, if she just lets her walls down, I know she'd feel the same way.

(a/n: a lot of stuff was happening w nikki for a while so, i wanted to bring more attention to carly's character, i hope you liked this. please vote! thank you so much for reading, bye👻)