28 | Worries & Pleasures

Just because I put my criminal life behind me. All the shit that I've been through in the past. Doesn't mean I can stop worrying. There is plenty of other shit I could be worrying about.

For example, my beautiful daughter Zaya. How can I keep her away from the bad influences? Or My soon to be husband. What if something happens and we aren't together? Or how about my best friend, Jasmine. Who is nearly dying on the operating table.

"There has been complications with the pregnancy. We are doing everything we can to fix your fiancé." The doctors scrubs were covered in blood. That's not reassuring.

"You better! Cause if she dies-

"Al-Austin." Logan corrected himself as he grabbed Alex's shoulder. "Let's go see your kids yeah?" Logan meets my eyes and I nod.

"Great idea." Jordan pats Alex on the back. Before Jordan follows them to the elevator he stops in front of me. "You okay?"

I try my best to smile.

"She's gonna make it." He places a kiss on my forehead before leaving the area.

I felt familiar arms wrap around my waist. Pulling me against his warm body. His soft lips meet my neck.

"Everything is going to be fine." His lips brush gently against my ear. His hot breathe sends chills down my spine.

"If she dies..." I turn around in his arms. Letting my eyes meet his.

"She's won't."

"If she dies..."

"She won't."

"But if she dies... Alex won't be the same." His silence told me he already knew that.
"I won't be the same."

"That's what I'm afraid of." He mutters.

"She's my best friend. We've been through everything together. She finally got what she wanted- if she dies it'll all be for nothing."

"Hey, this is Jasmine we're talking about. She's a fighter you know that. She's gonna make it through." He gives me a quick peck. He releases me from his hold and I find a seat in the waiting room. He takes a seat beside me.

As I sat down staring at the wall in front of me. I noticed Jayce wouldn't quit looking at his phone every two minutes.

"You okay?"

"I should be asking you that. You hungry?" He places his phone down on the small coffee table in front.

"I'm always hungry."

"Sweet or savory?"

"Surprise me." He gives me a sweet kiss goodbye before leaving the room.

That's when his phone vibrated.

"Oh wait Jayce your... phone." My attention goes to the caller ID that read: 911.

I shouldn't.

I set the phone down.

But it says 911 it could be important. Otherwise it wouldn't say 911.

Pick up the phone.

Beside he answers my phone all the time.

Answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Mr. Calaway?" My heart immediately sunk to my stomach. Not just because it's a female voice but because she used his real name.