22 | The Big Break

Zoe POV

Accept what is, let good what was, and have faith in what will be.

"She's grown so much." Jordan gushed as we watch Zaya play on her tummy on the hotel bed.

"I just feel bad for Jayce, he's missing everything."

He drapes his arm over my shoulder. "Don't worry we're gonna get them back soon."

"Do you honestly believe that? It's been two weeks since I saw Jayce and Marco. All of our plans leads us in hiding for the rest of our lives. Zaya and Jayden can't live like this." I watch Jordan's baby, Jayden flip Oberon his back.

"Are you giving up?" His arm falls from my shoulders.

"I'm not allowed to... I made a promise." I held onto the dog tag Jayce had given me. I watched Zaya interact with Jayden. "He is so adorable."

"He gets that from me." Jordan smiles placing his hand on his chest.

"You are a dumbass."

"Who's a dumbass?" Jasmine walks out from the bathroom as she sips up her pants.

"Jordan."

"You didn't know that?" She smirks plopping her cute butt on the other bed next to mine.

"He didn't but I did."

"What's with you? That's like the fifth time you've gone to the bathroom in like an hour?"

"So what you keepin track of when I'm peeing now, Jordan? Are you that bored now? I've been hydrating Dad!" Jasmine snaps causing Jordan to hold up his hands in defense. "Piss off!"

"That's your job since you're "hydrating"." He mocks using air quotes. Jasmine quickly grabs the nearest pillow and aims for his head.

"Careful the babies!" I grab my pillow hitting Jordan on the head before throwing it at Jasmines face.

"Hypocrite!" Jordan sends me a the meanest glare.

Jayce POV

I'm worried for Zoe.

I'm worried that I won't get out of jail in time.

I'm worried I'll miss my daughter growing up. Her first day at school, her first boyfriend that I would kill eventually, sending her off to college.

I hate that I can't do anything.

Im powerless.

"JAYCE!"

"What- what's that fucking noise?" Covering my ears as the ear piercing alarms go off.

"Someone is trying to break into the prison." Logan's words made me uncertain. Who's breaking in? Does this mean we have a chance to break out? Or is this too good to be true?

"Wheres Alex and Nick?"

"In the cafeteria Cmon lets go!" Logan slowly pulls open our gate to our cell. We run down the chaotic halls filled with criminals. Some laughing and some yelling at one another.

Once we reached the cafeteria it was no better. Hundreds of prisoners fighting either the guards or each other. There was a big whole in the wall. I scanned the room in search for the guys when my eyes landed on the masked men with the handguns.

Logan and I dove for cover under the metal table. "Who are they?"

"I don't know but they mean business. Who would break into a prison killing dozens?"

As I was about to answer I felt something grab my ankle. Pulling me out from the table.

A masked man aiming a gun right at my head. Before he could fire I swung my leg around knocking him from his feet. I crumbled to my feet running for the gun. But the man grabbed it before I could. He pressed the trigger and I quickly dived to the right.