13 | Baby Steps

"...And that's how I'm alive today", Jordan smiles at the baby in his arms. Kissing her cheek.

"Um not that I'm happy to see you alive... but  who's baby is that?" Logan finally pointing out the obvious.

"Oh shizzle my bad... men this is Zaya. Zaya meet your good for nothing father." He holds her out, I glare at him for his comment. "Take her."

"No I don't know how." I quickly backed up.

"Seriously, it's like carrying a bag of rice. Just carry her, Jayce." Jordan took a step closer.

"What if she hates me?"

"Your her father Jayce. She loves you no matter what." Nick chimes in and I look at the fragile baby in his hands and...

I freaked.

I just can't.

I left the room without another word. I hovered over resting my hands on my knees. I heard the door open and close.

"Jayce?" I turned my head to see Jacob?

"What the-

"Who the hell are you?"

"Excuse me?" I stood up straight.

"Who are you, answer the damn question!"

"Jayce?"

"You're fucking Jayce Calaway! You've been through hell and back! You are the most selfish son of bitch I ever met and you managed to find love. An amazing girl loves you. How did that happen, no one knows!"

True.

"... The world is a terrible place, a place where she needs her dad. You were shot, tortured, and threatened. If anyone can take care of a child, it would be you."

"I'm scared."

"Of?" He made a questioning face.

"I'm scared I'm gonna disappoint her. I'm scared I'm not good enough. I'm such a bad influence- I'm not father material. I don't know how." I shrug running a hand through my hair.

"You learn as you go along. Go in there and carry your daughter. That's the first step."

Holy shit, when did he become so wise?

"Do we have to hug or something?" I awkwardly ask making my way to the door.

"Oh god no." He shook his head almost gagging.

"Good I wasn't gonna." I smirk heading inside. I take in Logan holding Zaya while the guys made funny faces at her. Her cute little laugh echoes throughout the room. Her laugh is beautiful.

"May I?" I hesitantly hold out my arms. Logan smiles and gently placed her in my arms. Her head immediately rests on my chest. Her tiny little hand wraps around my finger.

It's like she almost knew.

"Whoah." I breath out.

Is it possible to fall in Love this fast?

"See you're a natural." Jacob nudges my arm.

"I guess I am."

Zoe POV

Sometimes the greatest adventure is simply a conversation.

"Zoe?"

There she stood at the door frame of my room. Her hair was wrapped in a bun resting at the top of her head. She wore a sports bra and grey sweats. She fiddle with her thumbs out of nervousness.