Visit

I think I spend days in Julians room. He gets to leave, do his duties. I get left behind, trying to figure out how to unchain myself from the bed. I only get brief moments where I feel like me, and not the love crazed girl the three of them want me to be. The food I eat is laced with the spray, the water I drink tastes of Julian. I'm obsessive. 

The wedding date is set. It is too soon. 

Satan frequently comes to visit me. I tell him how much I hate him sometimes, and on some days I can't stop telling him howI wish the wedding was sooner. He looks a little sad. But he always sprays me before he leaves. This is his doing. 

God hasn't visited since I was brought back. I think he is upset I feel this way. He wants me to love Julian without being drugged. But every time they try to take away the spray I realise how angry I am and refuse to be around Julian altogether. 

I am livid when Satan visits me today. He enters the room when I am trying to saw through the chain with a corner of the bed. It isn't working, but I am far too mad to give up.

He settles himself on the bed, knowing that I wouldn't attack him. "I am sorry Thana." 

"Take it off then!" I snap at him. "Stop the marriage. Find another way to sort your problems out."

He frowns at me. "You're being unreasonable."

I stop, stand up and shake my chained leg at him. "Unreasonable? I'm tied to a bedpost! You're drugging me! I think I'm perfectly reasonable!"

"The drug won't work forever Thana. You'll just have to learn to love him."

He is right. I have to be sprayed multiple times a day now. Love doesn't last. Not when it isn't real. 

"Julian doesn't even take it anymore," Satan says. "He thinks it's unfair on you when you won't love him back. He does love you Thana." He's guilting me. I hate him, because he knows it works. And he knows Julian is a weak point for me even if I don't love him. 

Satan gets up and I shoot away from him, ready to defend myself from being sprayed again. "Thana I won't," he doesn't even look at me. "You already love him."

Sometimes he really gets me.