Six :)

Alicia's POV

Tristan called the plumber and the plumber ended up flirting with me and Tristan ended up angry at me. Why? I had no idea. After he had finished doing whatever it was he did in that room of his, (the locked room), he joined me in the living room but it was obvious he was ignoring me.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked, not knowing what I had done wrong.

"I'm not ignoring you." he lied.

"You are. Since the plumber came to fix the pipes you've been ignoring me. Your mood changed since then."

"My mood hasn't changed." he lied again.

"Why are you lying?"

"I'm not lying." he replied. "I'm sitting."

I rolled my eyes." You know what I mean."

"I don't."

"You said you knew everything."

"I did. But I said it a while ago. Now, I'm not so sure anymore."

"You're trying to pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about but you do know."

"If you think I know keep it to yourself. I want to watch TV. You're disturbing and I can't hear."

"Are you saying you are suddenly interested in telenovelas?" I questioned because he didn't even realise it was a telenovela that was showing.

"You don't know the things I'm interested in." he replied.

"Please enlighten me then."

"Why do you want to know the things I am interested in. Why? Are you interested in me?"

"What if I am?"

"Yes or no?" he asked.

"No." I replied.

"Then there's no need for me to enlighten you about the things I'm interested in."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I won't ask."

Silence. No one said a word after that. I could see he clearly wasn't enjoying the telenovela that we were watching. We watched as a couple was about to kiss and then the TV turned black. Tristan had just turned off the TV. I guess he couldn't watch it anymore. From the side of my face, I saw him turn to look at me. But I didn't look at him. I didn't want to give him that satisfaction.

"Let's go out." he said when he saw I was going to ignore him.

I wanted to ask where but I didn't want him to think I was interested.

"Let's go out." he repeated.

I let go of my pride and asked, "Where?"

"To my dead grandfather's house." he said with a smirk.

Jerk. I wish I had a pillow to throw at his face. A pillow wasn't even going to hurt. I needed to throw my mother's old saucepan at his face. That would hurt.

"I'm not in the mood for your silly jokes." I told him with a straight face.

"Come on, don't be annoyed. I was just kidding. We're going grocery shopping."

"Why?"

"Because I want to start selling groceries." came his reply.

I snapped my head in his direction. "What?"

"I was being sarcastic." he said with a roll of his eyes. "We're going shopping because we're out of groceries duh."

This could be my opportunity. I knew tomorrow was Saturday and he would leave the house so I could do my thing but if he wanted to go grocery shopping today, I could decide to stay back and search the house. There was no need to wait for tomorrow. I could do it today.