One :)

Thank you for the wonderful cover😉 (you know yourself)

Alicia's POV

"You've got to be kidding me." my best friend said.

"Oh I'm not kidding." came a reply from me.

"Don't tell me that because of this you are ready to do anything."

"Of course I am ready to do anything. It's my dream job, Drake."

"But trying to go back to investigate a case that has been closed is just out of the box."

"It's good to always think outside the box." I replied. "Mrs. Hood always told me to think outside the box and that is exactly what I'm doing."

Drake rolled his eyes at the mention of our former high school principal.

"You are one crazy best friend." Drake muttered.

I grinned. "It took you pretty long to figure that out."

You might be wondering why my best friend, Drake is calling me crazy. Well, as I once said, I would do anything for my dream job. Remember I wasn't given a promotion? It's actually the reason why I decided to do all this. It's the reason why I'm going back to investigate a case that has been closed. This case is about a man who is 28 years old and a billionaire. By the way I'm three years younger than him so you can do the math.

Anyways as I was saying, this man is a billionaire but the funny thing is that he doesn't work. That's quite suspicious if you ask me. The police suspected that he was into drugs because his fingerprints were found on a bag of cocaine among other bags that were illegally being exported. But he denied that he had nothing to do with drugs. The case was finally taken to court and he was able to come out innocent because he had one of the best lawyers in New York and a bunch of fake witness too.

But I believe he is involved in drugs. I don't only believe, but I very well know he is involved in drugs. How can he be that rich and not work? I'm positive he gets money from dealing in drugs and I'm going to find proof that he is a drug dealer. I'm definitely going to get evidence against him. I'm going to catch him and reveal him to the New York Police Department. And that's when they are going to see that I'm fit for promotion. That's when they will know that I'm not just a brunette but also a critical thinker and the perfect person to be crowned detective.

"So how do you plan on getting evidence against him?" Drake asked. I nearly forget he was there with me. Nearly.

"I'm going to have get access to his house."

"You could make him fall in love with you." Drake suggested.

I threw my pillow at him. "I'm not going to let a drug dealer fall for me."

"Come on, the guy is hot. What's his name again?"

"Tristan Campbell." I replied.

"No wonder he is hot. He's got a hot name too." Drake commented.

"You know what? I think you should break up with Hailey and become gay. It would really fit your personality."

It was Drake's turn to throw the pillow at me. I caught it with my left hand since I'm left handed.

"I'm serious about this, Drake."

"Whatever."

I sat behind my computer and searched for Tristan Campbell. Then I started scrolling down his page.

"Why are you researching about this guy?" Drake questioned.

"I'm trying to find a way into his house duh."