19. Reconnaissance

Start from the beginning

"Can't we all just get along?" I sighed.

Namjoon pointed a finger at Jungkook, who raised his hands in defeat. "He started it."

I licked my lips before parting them to speak, when all of a sudden something red squirted onto my book.

"Taehyung!" I gasped in horror, snatching my book back from where I left it and then reached for a handful of napkins. "What did you just squirt all over my book? And how did you get it to squirt that far?"

Somehow, my sentences sent Jimin into rolling fits of laughter. "I didn't know that you were into squirting, Y/N."

I ignored Jimin's comment as I continued to dab at the red juice. Jungkook fell off my lap somewhere in my desperate attempt to rescue my book. I didn't notice until he kept patting my leg for me to get off of him.

I had accidentally caught his leg underneath my knee. Whoops.

I released him and then resumed cleaning off my book.

"Is this ketchup? How the hell did you get a packet of ketchup?"

"Yoongi gave them to me!" Taehyung cheered, giving another ketchup bag a squeeze, causing it to squirt out both ends of the packet. Jin jumped out of the way before any got on him as a consequence of standing too close.

Hoseok got up and ripped the packet from Taehyung's arms before he could repeat the action. He held the sticky remains away from his body with a look of disgust closing in on his face.

Taehyung sat down and crossed his arms, pouting.

"How did you even get those, Yoongi?" I scowled.

Yoongi met my glare with a smirk. "I took them from when your fatass got fast food."

All of the dolls gasped, sending us into a shocked silence.

I didn't even bother to say anything else. Without a second thought, I lifted my book, prepared to smack the shit out of him until he was thin enough to be one of the pages in my book. Or until he was the perfect candidate for cookie dough.

Yoongi's eyes widened at the realization of my thought process.

The others screamed in protest over each other so quickly that I couldn't make out who said what.

"No, stop!"

"He didn't mean it, he's just trying to get under your skin!"

"Wait what's happening?"

"This is murder!"

"I'mgoingtopretendI'mdefendinghimtoobecauseeveryoneelseis!"

"Well hey, on the bright side you'll have an even number of dolls."

All the dolls, including Taehyung, paused to stare at the brown-haired doll who made the last comment.

Yoongi was the first to speak as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Not helping, Jungkook. Don't encourage this behavior," he transitioned into returning his attention to me, palms up and waving me off. "C'mon, Y/N. Think about this. Do you really want to murder me? Allow me to recommend an alternative—anger management classes. Or maybe even seeing a therapist? Or in your case, both?"

The goading and condescending nature of Yoongi's speech had me quickly swinging the book downwards as if I were about to get into a brawl with a mosquito.

"Wait!" Yoongi squealed, jumping out of the way at the last second. His narrow escape left a wrinkle in the blanket where he was just standing. "Logan's behind you!"