"I'm fine... Just hay fever."

"In Winter?" He chuckles.

His laughter used to make my heart flutter, melt even, but instead I find myself nervously laughing along. Every time he looks at me with those dreamy brown eyes is a needle to my heart.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ❄️

A tired sigh emits from my mouth as I approach my front door, shuffling through my bag in search for my keys. Honestly, All I want right now is to go to bed and sleep away my stress. Not for an hour, not for a day, but forever.

"Hey friend."

My head darts towards the feminine voice. That's when I'm faced by none other than Mulan, who stands there with linked hands and a friendly smile.

"W-what do you want? Stay away from me." I back away towards the door.

"I thought we were besties? Why are you acting like this?"

"Uh, I don't know— because you tried to kill me? And you can quit the act while you're at it. I know what you did to your mother, I know about everything. You lied to me."

"He actually told you? Wow. You must mean more to him than I thought." She raises both hands and steps forward, "Whatever.  Look, I apologise for the other night. See? No knife. I just want to talk."

"We're done talking. Leave before I call the cops."

Just as I'm about to unlock my front door it opens from inside. My mom stands there with a hand on her hip.

"Lilo, do you want to catch another cold?? Why are you standin— Oh. Hello." She waves, "Is this a friend of yours? She's very pretty. Come inside Lilo's friend don't be shy—"

I quickly try to shut the door despite my mom resisting with her foot, I bulge my eyes and speak through clenched teeth. "N-no mother there's no need for that—"

"Oh nonsense, she's welcome inside! Please, come in—"

"Mom. Seriously. She's busy." I push on the door, "Lilo where are you manners?? Now let go—!" She successfully forces it open and signals Mulan to come inside. She does just that with a fake smile on her face.

"What is your name dear?"

"Mulan."

"Well, make yourself at home. You are welcome to stay for lunch once I'm done preparing it."

"Thank you, that would be nice."

As soon as my mother is gone, Mulan roams the walkway and hums, ignoring my piercing scowl.

"Cute house. Relax, I won't stay long."

"Yeah, like it's easy to relax when there's a crazy murderer in my home."

"Who was that boy you were with earlier? Is that your boyfriend? He's cute, I see why you must like him."

"You were watching us?"

"I happened to spot you. He seems so in love with you, yet you don't look back at him the same way. Something on your mind?"

"That's none of your business. I'll never trust you after what you did to Taehyung... You're a monster."

She slowly steps closer until her face is inches away from mine. Her eyes peirce into my eyes intensely before she whispers,

"If I'm the one you still think is a monster then your not going to survive very long honey. Try opening your eyes."