Chapter Thirteen

"Dom isn't here." Matt explained to, Ryan, his producer. He sighed, moody at the situation.

"Why? This is his job! Fine, go home, there's little point you being here when we need Dom. But I swear, if he isn't here tomorrow muse will be dropped from the label." He sighed. Matt glared at him, disgusted by his words.

"You selfish bastard..." He snarled.

"What did you just call me?" Matt was used to keeping his cool when people annoyed him. But when people bullied Will, Dom or Chris. Matt struggled to control his anger, fists clenched tight by his side.

"Dom's fiancé just died and you want him to come into work? You really are heartless aren't you?" Matt shouted. His producer stopped. Never had Matt shouted at him before. At anyone. Matt had shocked himself. The last time he'd shouted like that was when he found his ex-girlfriend cheating on him.

"I think that Will is making you soft in the head."

Matt couldn't help it. He threw himself at Ryan, punching him hard. He couldn't stop himself. The anger making his vision fuzzy and his head hurt. Matt saw Ryan's bleeding nose and made himself stop. He'd made his point. Standing up, Matt left his producer on the ground and turned away from him. Suddenly Ryan was punching his stomach. Matt doubled up lying on the floor as Ryan beat him. "Consider yourself fired." Ryan finished before spitting on Matt.

Matt slowly rose to his feet, clutching his stomach. He was in a lot of pain, but he was glad he took a blow for Dom and Will. Will! What would she think when she saw him like this, bleeding nose, split lip, black eye and limping? Nether the less, Matt needed her help. He limped his way to his car. His head in immense pain. Matt was in no condition to drive. But he needed Will.

He limped up the stairs to her flat. He'd forgotten how many there were and each one was a struggle. Matt was practically on his hands and knees when he reached her door. Panting, sweating with effort, Matt reached for her door, knocking loudly before falling down, cracking his head on the stone floor.