Their Redemption: Jon POV

Start from the beginning

No cry... Otay?, he asked holding Colby's face but he deserved it.

Colby put Kody down and went to blow his nose when Kody came in with a cookie for him.

Colby came and sat next to me and laughed some.

He got you too?, he asked.

Yeeaaaaa, I said as we both smiled.

Kody brought his favorite blankets out and tucked us back in so that we could get some more sleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
About 4 hours later we all woke up and took Kody to get something to eat buuuuuuut he didn't seem to want anything but something to drink so we got Kawaii something instead. We sat up for 30 minutes but still felt sluggish so Colby and I went back to sleep.

A little while later, I could hear faint noises coming from the kitchen until I saw Joe walk in.

Colb.... Colby man... wake up, he said trying to wake him.

What? What? I'm up I'm up, he said jumping up.

Woah woah woah easy... we're going over to Kawaii's folks house, Joe informed Colby but he didn't catch it at all.

Oh oh ok ok ok... chicken in the freezer... will do, Colby said incoherently.

No dude! Her parent's house!, Joe yelled making me laugh a bit in my pillow.

They soon walked out and I got up to go to the restroom. Once I got done and washed my hands, I went exploring. Kawaii was always very photogenic so I saw where Kody got it from. He was such a happy kid from the looks of their photos but her smile wasn't always there.

I can't believe we could've lost you, I said to myself as I held one of our old drinking cups.

I walked back in to see Colby sitting up on his phone.

Well sunshine how the hell are ya?, I said.

He showed me his phone and apparently Kody took a lot of pics when we went out.

Awwww, I said sounding mushy.

Dude.... we got to make this up to her.... we weren't right, Colby said as he put his phone down.

I know I know I know... but where do we start?... like what do we do?, I asked.

We could cook for them, he said shrugging his shoulders.

But Kody wasn't hungry, I said making him realize that.

Well I'm sure he would if Kawaii sat down to pretend to eat, Colby said laughing.

Ok cool I'll call Joe and let him know to buy us some time.

I called Joe and let him know and layed back down for a bit.

Hey lil dude!, I heard Colby yell as Kody went in yelling for food. Oh hey you two!, he added.

Well hello there sunshine! I see you're quite energized, Kawaii said making me laugh.

That I am and look.... I made turkey burgers and curly fries, he said. Hey Kody let's get you a seat bud, he called to him.

Jon!, Joe called out to me for dinner and walked in and Kody spoke.

Hiiiiii!!, he yelled and the kid hooked me once again.

Kody my man!, I said and tickled him some. Well hello my little jalapeno, i said to Kawaii just to see her smile.

Hello Jon, she spoke laughing. I take it that you slept wonderful?, she asked.

Kinda but I got to wake up happy for once in my life so I'm good, I said.