I shake my head. "Only coffee isn't good for you, Zaid. You have to eat."

He grins. 'Okay, wifey. I'll have a piece of French toast.'

I nod, my cheeks heating up. I place the food onto his plate for him.

Wifey. I'm suddenly reminded of our business trip to London together, when we were pretending to be married in front of those two annoying girls.

We start to eat, and a couple of minutes later, I lean in close to Zaid and whisper. "Remember our London trip, when you called me 'wifey'? When we were pretending to be married?"

He turns to me with several emotions in his beautiful eyes. He nods. 'How can I ever forget that?'

My heart skips a beat when I see him recalling the same memory. That had been a crazy situation, but it had been so funny. Back then, we were pretending that we were married, and now, we really are. It still feels way too good to be true.

Finally being married to Zaid, I realise how much I love him, how much I've always loved him. It's always been only him. I feel like I have every happiness in the world, now that he's at my side.

Aunty, Uncle and Hafsa talk happily to us, and I give short replies as I'm so shy today. I feel Zaid place his hand on my knee under the table, and I turn to glance at him. He smiles his beautiful smile, which makes my heart skip a beat. He's so handsome, and I can't believe that he's all mine. My husband.

The relationship between a husband and a wife is so special, like no other. It's such a beautiful relationship, and it changes everything, of course in a good way. I've known Zaid for years, but since yesterday evening, since our Nikah, everything's changed. I've never felt happier in my life.

I eat as much as I can, which isn't much, because I'm all jittery and excited. I'm too happy to eat right now, as crazy as that sounds. Me and Zaid sit with our family for a short while after breakfast, talking about our wedding and today's walima function. We also talk about a popular Pakistani wedding custom in which the bride returns to her parents' home the day after the walima, to spend the day, and sometimes night too, there.

Zaid bursts into a coughing fit when Aunty informs him of the tradition. Uncle laughs, slapping him on the back. When he stops coughing, he turns to me, shocked. 'What custom is that? I haven't heard of it.'

I blush, looking into my lap and playing with the many rings on my fingers.

"Zaid beta, don't you remember this custom in your cousin Sabah's wedding? It's only for one day," Aunty replies, grinning at me and Hafsa.

'Zara, really?' He asks, turning to me. He looks sad.

I nod, biting my lip to control my silly grin. My cheeks burn brighter. "Yes."

'Don't worry, bhai! Zara's going tomorrow, not today! We're going to stay with her tomorrow night,' Hafsa says, winking at me.

I hide my face in my hands, my cheeks now bright scarlet.

He shakes his head. "Why will you stay with her?"

'Because she's my best friend, duh. She was my best friend before she was your wife. So stop sulking now!' Hafsa says, crossing her arms and trying to give her brother an intimidating look. She's too cute to look scary, though.

Zaid turns to me again, signalling to me to say something. What am I meant to say?! I bite my lip again, smiling.

"Zaid, you look like you're in shock!" Aunty teases him.

'Why didn't you tell me about this custom before? I had no idea!'

Oh, god.

Hafsa smirks, winking at me.