his crush | gilbert blythe

request by @giffany123

gilbert's pov

she looks so beautiful today. i glanced across the classroom just to see her face. she was leaning over her slate, and a piece of hair fell in her eyes. i noticed her look of frustration, and how she blew it out of her face, and i fell in love all over again. this girl is flawless, and i can't help but stare.

i felt a sharp pain in my rib, so i broke out of my y/n daydreams and turned around. billy was sitting next to me with a smirk on his face. i glared at him (i've never really liked that boy).

"what?" i hissed. he chuckled and shook his head.

"gilbert, why are you staring at y/n?" he asked in a harsh whisper. i rolled my eyes and stared down at my slate.

"no reason," i replied coldly. he gave me the i-don't-believe-you look before turning his attention back to the lesson.

i didn't stare at y/n for the rest of the morning, in fear that someone else would notice.

~**~

class was finally done for the morning, so i quickly grabbed my lunch and headed outside to eat. as i reached my group of guy friends, a word they were saying stood out. it was her name.

"hey, guys," i said warily as i crept up to them. they all turned to me with a smirk, and billy clapped me on the back.

"congrats, man, you got y/n's attention!" he exclaimed. i quickly shushed him, just in case any of the girls were outside.

"what do you mean?" i asked once everyone quieted down.

"she has a really big crush on you. she told jane yesterday, and i overheard," billy replied. i tried hard not to smile, but it strongly overtook me. when the guys saw my happy expression, they all whooped and hollered.

"you should go for her!" charlie interjected. all the boys nodded their heads in agreement. i shrugged.

"i don't know, maybe i will," i replied.

i couldn't stop thinking about lunch all day. she really likes me?

after school, i saw her walking alone to the woods. i grabbed my coat and quickly caught up to her. when she saw me coming, she blushed. she does like me!

"hello, miss y/l/n," i said in a jokingly regal voice. she chuckled and turned to look at me.

"hello, mr. blythe," she replied, imitating me. i smiled.

"what's a beautiful young girl like yourself doing walking herself home?" i asked her. i watched as her eyes grew wide and her face flushed.

"wh-why thank you, gilbert. i don't know, i rather enjoy the sound of nature," she replied. gosh, this girl is actually my soulmate.

"i agree," i said. nervousness crept in. "listen, there's something i came to talk to you about," i added. we stopped and she looked at me.

"yes?" she asked warily. i could tell she thought she knew what was coming.

"i...i really like you. i'm actually kind of in love with you," i said quickly. she grinned and took my hand in hers.

"i thought you didn't like me back! i like you so much gilbert, and i can't imagine being without you! it makes me so happy you said that!" she spilled, and i couldn't help but laugh. this beautiful girl was so nervous because of me? a lousy boy who can't keep his mouth shut?

y/n slipped her hand in mine and started walking into the woods, and i had no choice but to follow.

"you're my dream, y/n y/l/n," i whispered.

————————————————————————
hey guys! ok so i'm being dumb and irrational and annoying? i hope i'm not the only one, but have you ever been so freAKING IN LOVE with a character that everything about them makes you so happy?? but then u remember they aren't real n u get sad again?? cuz that happens to me all the time