coming home | gilbert blythe

gilbert blythe has been gone for almost whole year. it was torture for everyone, but especially you. gilbert was your best friend, the only one who truly understood you. you loved him, but never told him.

then he left. his father passed, and he thought he had no one, so he went on a ship and traveled into the unknown. without you.

he often wrote you letters about his adventures. he'd tell you about trinidad, the place he's staying. he'd tell you about his new friend sebastian, and how he found his vocation. he wants to be a doctor.

he'd tell you how much he misses you, and you'd cry. why did he leave me? you'd think often.

days passed, then months. you missed this boy more than anything in this world.

until one day....

it was time for school. you pulled on your soft yellow dress, strapped in your books, and did your hair. time for another boring day of boring school.

as you walked, you read one of gilbert's most recent letters. he said he didn't want to come home...indefinitely. you shook your head, hoping it wasn't true.

as you walked into the schoolhouse, everyone was talking like there's no tomorrow. you could barely hear yourself think!

the girls were clustered together, whispering about something that seemed awfully urgent, and the boys were whooping and hollering around something.

"y/n, you're here!" anne exclaimed, rushing over to you. at the sound of your name, everyone went silent. everyone turned to look at you.

then he turned around.

"gilbert!" you exclaimed. he grinned and threw his arms around you. you heard josie and ruby scoff.

he buried his face in your neck and squeezed you so tight, but then again, you did the same to him.

finally, he was back. your favorite person in the world is back in avonlea. hopefully he's here to stay.

"y/n, i've missed you so much," he confessed. a single tear fell down your cheek, as you hugged him tighter.

"awww, y/n and gilbert sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G!!" billy started singing. gilbert blushed.

"i thought about you every day. i've been so worried," you explained. he smiled.

"i'm sorry. it's just..." gilbert began.

"you can tell me anything, gil," you said softly.

"i've been wanting to do this." and he kissed you. you've never been kissed before, but you liked it. he tasted of apples.

the boys started whooping and yelling again, and the girls cheered. you broke away from the kiss, and he pulled you close again.

"i am never leaving you," he whispered in your ear.

"you better not."

———————————————————————————
a/n - sorry this ones kinda short! but it's sweet :) <3