love letters | billy andrews

request by @SupremeRavenclaw - seriously this is suchhh a good idea!!

one year ago
"mother, do i have to go to this party?" billy andrews impatiently asked his mother. this was the third party they've gone to this week, and it's all the way across the island!

"yes, dear, now go get your bag, we're going to be staying there for a couple days," mrs. andrews replied as she pulled on her overcoat.

mrs. andrews was a lovely woman, with long golden hair and beautiful brown eyes. she was simply beautiful. every woman in avonlea was jealous of her, and billy loved her so much.

"jane! prissy! we're going now!" mrs. andrews called up the stairs to her two daughters. she took her husband's arm and told billy to wait for the girls.

"what took you so long?" billy asked, quite annoyed for some reason. jane just rolled her eyes and pulled her bag out the door.

"little brother, it takes time to look this beautiful," prissy said and motioned to her face. billy rolled his eyes and grabbed his overnight bag. and with that, the andrews family was on their way to another party.

miss y/n y/l/n's family was hosting this party. y/n was a gorgeous young woman, about the same age as billy. she had beautiful features, and all the boys in her town basically fell at her feet when she passed them. so of course billy couldn't help but fall for her when he saw her.

billy was rather sure he'd hate this party. but then he saw her.

"h-hello, miss," he stuttered as he stepped in the doorway. y/n was wearing a long navy blue dress, with her hair curled loosely at her shoulders. her cheeks were naturally a rosy pink, and her eyes were bright. she smiled at billy, instantly noticing how cute he was.

"good evening, mr....?" she trailed off, waiting for his name.

"andrews! billy andrews," billy said all too quickly. he gently kissed her hand, while prissy rolled her eyes behind him. what a player, she thought.

the party kicked off, and y/n made her way around the room, talking to each guest. but then her eyes fell on billy again, so she decided to go talk to him.

"hello, mr. andrews," she said politely as she approached him. his face went pink as he smiled at her.

"call me billy," he replied. y/n nodded.

"billy. alright."

the two talked for basically the rest of the night. it was obvious to everyone but themselves that they were completely infatuated with each other. every time billy would laugh, y/n's stomach would go all tingly, and whenever y/n tucked her hair behind her ear, billy's heart would practically stop.

but all things must come to an end.

"will i ever see you again?" y/n asked sadly as her and billy walked to the carriage that would take him home. he smiled and took her hands in his own.

"i'll send you letters, and hopefully we'll see each other soon," he replied. with that, he leaned forward and gently kissed her cheek. then he let go of her hands and stepped in the carriage. prissy was still rolling her eyes.

y/n didn't stop waving goodbye until the carriage was out of sight.

over the next year, the two sent letters to each other, describing their day, what life was like, how their families were, and how much they missed each other. it was as if they'd been friends their whole lives.

dear mr. andrews,
i've missed you dearly. this town isn't as lively as it was when you were here. school is boring as always, but i always learn something new. i wish i could see you soon. come back!
missing you,
miss y/n y/l/n

dear miss y/l/n,
avonlea is the most boring place ever. i wish you could come visit, so i could show you all the beautiful flowers. i remember you telling me about nature, and how much you loved it.
come home soon,
billy andrews

now, one year later
"where are we moving to again?" y/n asked her mother for probably the 100th time. mrs. y/l/n shook her head, a chuckle escaping her lips.

"avonlea," she said once again. confusion passed over y/n's features. where have i heard that name before?

during the trip to their new home, that thought sat in y/n's brain for the whole time. avonlea, why is that so familiar? it wasn't until her first day of school that she knew.

"take a deep breath," y/n whispered to herself as she stood in front of the large white schoolhouse. class was almost starting, so most of the students were inside. with another deep breath, y/n pushed open the door.

the students inside turned to see who the new student was. they'd heard about it for a week, and were anxious to meet her.

"y/n!" a voice exclaimed from the group of boys. y/n stopped in her tracks. she knew that voice.

"billy?" she asked tentatively. a boy pushed past the group to meet her. y/n's heart fluttered; he'd grown more handsome over the year.

"i've missed you," he whispered, and pulled her into an embrace. she breathed in his scent: cinnamon and lavender.

all the students around them were very confused, but the two didn't care. billy and her sat down to catch up, since they'd not seen each other for quite some time.

everyone noticed how caring billy was towards her. it was as if he was an entirely new person! anne was especially confused, since she'd only seen his annoyed and angry side.

"um...billy? care to explain?" the boy charlie sloan asked, breaking them from their conversation.

"this is y/n y/l/n. i met her last year at a party. she just moved here," billy explained to the group. y/n waved at the girls, who were all smiling sweetly at her, especially anne. anne liked anyone who could make billy sweet.

so the avonlea kids accepted y/n as their own, and grew to enjoy her presence. the girls absolutely adored her, while the boys all thought she was just plain gorgeous.

after school, billy walked y/n home. they were having a nice, normal walk, when billy suddenly stopped, grabbing her wrist. she turned around, confusion evident on her face.

"billy?" she asked cautiously, not knowing if he was alright.

"i'm in love with you, y/n y/l/n," he said, the words just spilling out. y/n's heart stopped and she smiled.

"it's about time," she replied, wrapping her arms around his neck. his arms snaked around her waist, and she leaned in, giving him a soft but loving kiss.

"i'm in love with you too," she mumbled into it. after she said that, billy smiled and pulled her closer to his chest.

"good. because i'm never letting you go."

a/n - ahhhhh so i love this idea so much yaaaas