bottle gone wrong | billy andrews

request by @sydney_TW - oml so good ;))

"everyone, we're going to start spin the bottle!" i heard josie pye exclaim. i turned back to my boyfriend of 6 months, billy andrews. he raised his eyebrow, making me laugh.

"alright, so let's pinky promise," i said to him. he nodded his head and stuck out his smallest finger. i did the same, and he looped them together.

"it's just spin the bottle. the kisses don't mean anything, unless they're to each other," billy explained, and i nodded along.

"and we can't get mad," i added. billy just looked at me. "billy..." he sighed and nodded. i laughed.

"hey! lovebirds! you two coming?" josie yelled from where the group was already sitting. we turned, and i nodded.

"coming!" billy yelled. him and i stood up, and made our way to the group.

everyone was sitting in a large circle by the door (mr. phillips had already left for the day). josie stood in the middle, holding a glass bottle. she set it down in the middle, and went to find her seat.

i sat in between moody and charlie sloan. billy sat across from me, in between diana and josie. once he noticed i was looking at him, he gave me a lopsided grin, and i returned it.

"let's start!" josie exclaimed. "let's let...anne go first!" anne's face turned a bright red as she leaned in to spin it. it landed on a boy to my left. one of billy's friends.

"no way, i'm not kissing that orphan," he said and laughed. billy chuckled with him, and i shot him a look. billy immediately ceased and looked down.

"i'll kiss her," cole mackenzie said. after the two kissed, with anne dipping him real low and pecking his cheek, josie announced it was billy's turn.

billy glanced at me as he spun. it landed on ruby. the two stood up, and billy kissed her. when the two pulled apart, ruby's face was bright red, and billy had a weird look on his face.

i pushed down the jealousy. we agreed not to get mad, i told myself. it was my turn next.

i gulped and reached forward. the glass was cold and ominous, as if deciding my fate. i spun, and it slowly turned around and around.

guess who it landed on? that's right, gilbert blythe. every girl turned to look at me, and i slowly stood up. i brushed off my skirt, with my hands shaking. gilbert saw how nervous i was, and he smiled. his face was a light shade of pink as he gently cupped my cheek.

"now or never," he whispered and leaned in. the kiss was short and sweet. to be honest, gilbert's a good kisser...but don't tell billy i thought that.

after we kissed, we both sat down, and i shot billy an i'm sorry look. he smiled sadly, and i knew it was eating away at him.

as the game continued, billy also had to kiss diana and josie. it really bothered me when josie kissed him. she looked at me and smirked as they leaned in.

after gilbert, i had to kiss charlie and cole. right when i was about to kiss cole, billy stood up.

"okay, that's enough!" he exclaimed. everyone looked at him, obviously very confused, but i knew what was happening. he's cracked.

"y/n, i know i promised i wouldn't get mad, but we both knew i wouldn't be able to keep it," he explained. i smiled at him. i turned to cole and pecked his cheek. he smiled and sat back down.

"come, let's go home," i said sweetly to billy and outstretched my hand. he shyly took it, with his head down and cheeks pink. we grabbed our coats and books and stepped into the fall air.

"billy, talk to me," i said as we walked. i turned to him. he glanced at me, but then set his eyes on the ground.

"i'm sorry, i know that was embarrassing for you," he mumbled. i stared at him with my mouth open.

"no! that's not what i was gonna say, and you did not embarrass me. it showed you care. and i was getting jealous too. it's alright," i confessed. he stopped dead in his tracks, yanking my arm backwards.

i stumbled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "you mean it?" he asked softly. i nodded, and looked into his eyes.

"i mean every word," i said. i took my hand out of his grasp, then wrapped both of my arms around his neck. he curled his arms tighter around my waist.

"i love you so much," he murmured, glancing at my lips. i chuckled.

"i love you more," i replied, and leaned in. our kiss was much better than the spin the bottle kisses. it was real.